Fed up with Austin

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fed up with Austin

Post by NotRPB »

johncanfield wrote:We're getting some some escapees from the Left Coast in the Hill Country, unfortunately many of them bring their Left Coast values here. It's like a foreign disease.
Burnet had 1 car with an Obama sticker last year ... we all avoided being near that car ... We thought Pink hats may be contagious... I no longer see that car with that type Hillary/Obama bumper sticker, but there are I think, 4 or 5 "Democrat women " in the county who get together every few months to learn quilting or something, but they are real quiet at the Polls

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fed up with Austin

Post by The Annoyed Man »

NotRPB wrote:
johncanfield wrote:We're getting some some escapees from the Left Coast in the Hill Country, unfortunately many of them bring their Left Coast values here. It's like a foreign disease.
Burnet had 1 car with an Obama sticker last year ... we all avoided being near that car ... We thought Pink hats may be contagious... I no longer see that car with that type Hillary/Obama bumper sticker, but there are I think, 4 or 5 "Democrat women " in the county who get together every few months to learn quilting or something, but they are real quiet at the Polls
Thank goodness that car’s owner left before he/she/xe/ze/hir/[insert perversion of preference here] managed to turn the city into a DNC stronghold! :lol:

I left California in 2006 for a whole lot of sound reasons, and I’ll never live there again nor will I move to any other place that is like it. For that reason, when I finally can afford to buy property, it will not be any closer than a 2-3 hour drive to any of the state’s major cities.....which are doing their level best to be like California. Plus, at the rate that the DFW metroplex is expanding and “filling in the blanks” between municipalities, if you buy rural land that’s too close to a large city, in 10 years you’ll be surrounded by that city. I need to be far enough away that most of the walkers will have thinned out by the time they reach me when the zombie apocalypse hits. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”