Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Fed up with Austin

Post by tommyg »

I'm sick and tired of Austin with the liberal gun grabbing fools who infest it
We bought a cabin on some rural land south East of Austin to retire in
We are getting out in June of this year
No more condo, no more traffic, no more HOA, No more evacuees from San Fransisco to put up with

BY BY :leaving
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

John Galt

Re: Fed up with Austin

Post by John Galt »

:thumbs2:

strogg

Post by strogg »

I remember scouting out Austin before I ended up moving toward the edge of the DFW area. My initial instinct was, "this place is awesome," even though I had this odd feeling in my gut. Then I took a reality check. I realized the reason I said that is because any place that wasn't California was considered "awesome." Thinking about it some more, I came to the conclusion that Austin is basically San Francisco. The whole place just seemed backwards. Although they are learning from CA's mistakes, they are also wanting to mirror the craziness that is CA. Yeah, no thanks. That's the whole point of me leaving CA to begin with. I'm very glad I made the decision not to move there. I'm happy in my little corner of the world here.

Best of luck to you, Tommy!

KLB

Post by KLB »

You know, the utter horror of living in Austin is that, when you do, you are entirely surrounded by Texas. :anamatedbanana

Alf

Post by Alf »

tommyg wrote:I'm sick and tired of Austin with the liberal gun grabbing fools who infest it
No more condo, no more traffic, no more HOA, No more evacuees from San Fransisco to put up with

:thumbs2:

Make sure you live far enough away that the Zombie overflow doesn't reach you.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

We're getting some some escapees from the Left Coast in the Hill Country, unfortunately many of them bring their Left Coast values here. It's like a foreign disease.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

yeah my Nephew has decided to go to college in Austin (despite the protests by his family). I fear he is kind of liberal minded... My niece is extremely liberal but she isn't anti 2A. She understands the need for the 2A. She was actually out shooting guns today with me one of my nephews and my brother in law. good fun. AR-15, .45 Luger, S&W 40 and a few dinky .22LR pistols. oh and a Colt .45.... man that's a nice gun.
NRA Member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

She is shooting a million dollar pistol?

dlh

Post by dlh »

I left Austin in 2006. High real estate taxes and heavy traffic---good riddance.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

infoman

Post by infoman »

I love Austin & can’t imagine living anywhere else. (& don’t mean downtown Austin). Just my 2 cents.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Native Austinite here, born and raised there. Left at about age 35.

The Austin I grew up in was really nice. My family associated with intellectual people who weren't crazy, and I think that's where I got my lifelong taste for thoughtful interaction.

Unfortunately, when I go back there are only bits and pieces of the Austin I grew up in still there, poking out from the urban rubble. Heartbreaking.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Austin was great (and it's rural outskirts still are) but all the people escaping CA and other liberal areas love it... but then vote like they always have and Austin is becoming CA light... they they will leave when it's ruined and start over somewhere else. :grumble

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

tommyg wrote:I'm sick and tired of Austin with the liberal gun grabbing fools who infest it

Right there with you, my friend. Hardly a day goes by when I don't question why I continue to stay here and put up with the traffic, regulations, taxes and general liberal idiocy. Once my daughter is out of school I hope to build on our family land in the country and be done with this cesspool for good.

I'd be curious to hear if there was a specific incident related to the gun grabbers that you are referencing. One thing I am eternally grateful for is that the great state of Texas pre-empts cities from enforcing more stringent gun control rules than allowed by the state. Our state laws aren't perfect but they are orders of magnitude better than what Greg Casar and Steve Adler would have us subject to.

Weg

Post by Weg »

I work in Austin, but live in Hays county, the 1 hour drive is worth it to not live there. To me, Austin is like California was 13 years ago when I left. Just remember, many former Californians that move here do it as conservative refugees. Not all of us were pinkos. In my job, I have heavy public contact, I can honesty say half the Californians I run into in the Austin area in the course of my work are just like me. That's not to say the lib Californians don't concentrate there, birds of a feather like to flock together as the saying goes.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Robert is driving from San Antonio to Austin to work, there are days it takes over 2 hours. When we are no longer needed here, my wish/dream is to downsize and move back up to Georgetown...yeh, like we could ever afford to buy up there again short of winning the lottery. Maybe Cedar Park or Leader, Hutto seems affordable, as long as we're in Williamson Co. I've got still got more friends there than I do here. I'm tired of San Antonio, we've got 2 friends here, and when my MIL passes, we'll just have a bunch of bad memories and 2 friends.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”