Passenger

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Passenger

Post by Grundy1133 »

This is probably something that should have been covered in my LTC class but it wasn't. If I'm a passenger in a car and the driver gets pulled over am I legally obligated to tell the LEO that I have a LTC?
NRA Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Passenger

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:This is probably something that should have been covered in my LTC class but it wasn't. If I'm a passenger in a car and the driver gets pulled over am I legally obligated to tell the LEO that I have a LTC?
There have been numerous topics on that subject here on the forum. But basically, no, you are not unless asked for ID and you are carrying.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

As always when you're a passenger in a car that gets pulled over, SHUT UP!!!

LTC or not, there is no scenario where opening your mouth will help anything.

(No offense meant personally. Too may people seem to have the right to remain silent, but not the ability.)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Lol alright. Thanks.
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“No officer, I’m not carrying a weapon, but my passenger here has a gun .......and the weed in the center console is his too......”

:mrgreen:

Know who you are riding with. :tiphat:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:“No officer, I’m not carrying a weapon, but my passenger here has a gun .......and the weed in the center console is his too......”

Lol I don't have any friends so im either riding with my girlfriend (who took the LTC class when I did but has yet to fill out the application... Despite my nagging) or a family member.
NRA Member

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Keith B wrote: There have been numerous topics on that subject here on the forum.
Sorry. My phone doesn't play well with the forum or else I would have done a more thorough search.
NRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Keith B wrote: There have been numerous topics on that subject here on the forum.
Sorry. My phone doesn't play well with the forum or else I would have done a more thorough search.
Just search on the word 'passenger' and you will find plenty.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grundy1133 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:“No officer, I’m not carrying a weapon, but my passenger here has a gun .......and the weed in the center console is his too......”

Lol I don't have any friends so im either riding with my girlfriend (who took the LTC class when I did but has yet to fill out the application... Despite my nagging) or a family member.
No friends? Is it your rugged good looks, and the winning charm of your devil-may-care attitude? "rlol" :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

No friends? Is it your rugged good looks, and the winning charm of your devil-may-care attitude? "rlol" :smilelol5:
Nah, it's more my anti social behavior and my sarcastic "I don't care" attitude topped with my ability to offend anyone I come into contact with. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”