CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
aldo2433
Posts in topic: 6

new License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)

Post by aldo2433 »

Hello,

I have started my application and sent everything on the 29th of March. I got an email on the 29th that they received my attachment and application. My question is, when do I expect to see some update? I just checked online in the "Returning Users" page and nothing is updated. Attached is what I see when I log in to "Returning Users". when should I expect this page to be updated?

Thank you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 4.59.43 PM.png

infoman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: new License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)

Post by infoman »

about 2 weeks.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Back when I received my LTC it took 28 days. That was three years ago. I didn’t have any options online then that told me if it was mailed or if they received any of my
Documents. I had to call fifteen thousand times to finally get ahold of someone who told me it would take about 6 weeks. I just had to check my mail box everyday for the deleivery update.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

i got mine last month and the updates on their site were pretty dead on. I submitted my application and LTC-100 on 2/24 and did my fingerprints on 2/27. by 2/28 it had been updated and they were workin gon my BG check but to be honest i think it all depends on how busy they are.
NRA Member

Topic author
aldo2433

Post by aldo2433 »

Grundy1133 wrote:i got mine last month and the updates on their site were pretty dead on. I submitted my application and LTC-100 on 2/24 and did my fingerprints on 2/27. by 2/28 it had been updated and they were workin gon my BG check but to be honest i think it all depends on how busy they are.

So you got an update on the page within a couple of days?
How long until you got your license?

Thanks

Topic author
aldo2433

Post by aldo2433 »

infoman wrote:about 2 weeks.

Two weeks to get that page updated? It does not show that I took the class or anything.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

aldo2433 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:i got mine last month and the updates on their site were pretty dead on. I submitted my application and LTC-100 on 2/24 and did my fingerprints on 2/27. by 2/28 it had been updated and they were workin gon my BG check but to be honest i think it all depends on how busy they are.

So you got an update on the page within a couple of days?
How long until you got your license?

Thanks
plastic in hand march 17th. good luck. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

aldo2433 wrote:Hello,

I have started my application and sent everything on the 29th of March. I got an email on the 29th that they received my attachment and application. My question is, when do I expect to see some update? I just checked online in the "Returning Users" page and nothing is updated. Attached is what I see when I log in to "Returning Users". when should I expect this page to be updated?

Thank you.
I know it's tough, just be patient. It took about a month once everything was in to get plastic in hand and that was checking the website every day, multiple times a day. I'm happy to say that I got plastic in hand yesterday.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Patience Grasshopper.

Use the time waiting to wear around your house, get comfortable with not only being armed, but with the additional weight. Find what works and what doesn't. You are very lucky that times are generally short now. Some here have had to wait 90-120 days to get them even with no hiccups on their records.

If you don't have the patience to wait on it to come, how much patience will you have when you need to try and de-escalate a situation? That is one thing that having a LTC has taught me is patience
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When I got my license it was about a six month wait. Took the class and sent in paperwork in May, got my license sometime in November. No updates whatsoever. I was actually told that I got my license by a state trooper who pulled me over for a speeding violation / fishing expedition (he clocked me at 67 in a 65 and his questions had zero to do with the alleged speeding violation). He asked me why I hadn't shown him my CHL and said it was showing up in the system. It was in my mailbox when I got home. That was in 2008. Y'all have it much better now.

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

I think they use a roulette wheel.
I submitted all documents on Saturday night, received confirmation email on Monday.
Wednesday status update showed and the following Wednesday had plastic in hand.
10 days from confirmation email to plastic including weekend, remove the weekend, 8 days total.
Also, system updated on Wednesday to license mailed, so I got same day delivery too! :lol:

rotor

Post by rotor »

Process is pretty fast now. As you are obviously antsy about this if you haven't yet, sign up for USPS Informed delivery. They will email you a pix of all of your first class mail coming each day so that you will see it on your email before going to your mailbox. Also, and this happens to me all the time, you will see which mail your letter carrier doesn't deliver and has "lost".

Topic author
aldo2433

Post by aldo2433 »

Any of you guys got an email notification whenever an update happens? I keep checking the site but there is no update so far not even that my application is being processed

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

aldo2433 wrote:Any of you guys got an email notification whenever an update happens? I keep checking the site but there is no update so far not even that my application is being processed
You are only 6 days into the process. It may take a couple of weeks before you see any activity. They have 60 business days to complete, but it's usually much faster.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rotor wrote:Process is pretty fast now. As you are obviously antsy about this if you haven't yet, sign up for USPS Informed delivery. They will email you a pix of all of your first class mail coming each day so that you will see it on your email before going to your mailbox. Also, and this happens to me all the time, you will see which mail your letter carrier doesn't deliver and has "lost".
Thanks for the tip on informed delivery. I have had a number of things get lost in the mail.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”