new License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
aldo2433
Posts in topic: 6

Re: new License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)

Post by aldo2433 »

I'm very happy to say they have updated that page and everything has been received. Waiting on the background check now. I'm hoping that it won't take more than 2 weeks. :woohoo

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

I was going to post this in the waiting room, but the thread made me check and I got a weird result. A friend of mine and I took the class on Mar 25. He applied on the 26th on-line and was fingerprinted on the 27th. He never checked the status and then came into work on April 5th and showed me that he had the license in hand. It had come in the mail on Wednesday, 8 days from when he was fingerprinted.

I was a little slower applying and applied on line on April 3 and was fingerprinted on April 5th. When I checked the status then, the web site listed the application as submitted. Reading this thread, I checked it again and now it shows no open applications for me. There is a standard message that says the service is not available after the license is issued. I wonder how long it will take me to get the card in the mail now.
Steve Rothstein

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

srothstein wrote:I was going to post this in the waiting room, but the thread made me check and I got a weird result. A friend of mine and I took the class on Mar 25. He applied on the 26th on-line and was fingerprinted on the 27th. He never checked the status and then came into work on April 5th and showed me that he had the license in hand. It had come in the mail on Wednesday, 8 days from when he was fingerprinted.

I was a little slower applying and applied on line on April 3 and was fingerprinted on April 5th. When I checked the status then, the web site listed the application as submitted. Reading this thread, I checked it again and now it shows no open applications for me. There is a standard message that says the service is not available after the license is issued. I wonder how long it will take me to get the card in the mail now.
its different for everyone based on where all youve lived, any arrests, medical issues etc...
NRA Member

Topic author
aldo2433
Posts in topic: 6

Post by aldo2433 »

srothstein wrote:I was going to post this in the waiting room, but the thread made me check and I got a weird result. A friend of mine and I took the class on Mar 25. He applied on the 26th on-line and was fingerprinted on the 27th. He never checked the status and then came into work on April 5th and showed me that he had the license in hand. It had come in the mail on Wednesday, 8 days from when he was fingerprinted.

My guess is a week and you will get it. But you and your friend got it fast! I'm only waiting on the background check now, and I'm hoping that will not take long! Let us know when you get it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”