Employers that allow their employees to carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Employers that allow their employees to carry

Post by flechero »

Grundy1133 wrote: lol. for me its kind of a big deal cause i dont have AC in my car which during the summer means im all hot and sweaty before i even get to work. also I have what i believe to be a leaky head gasket which causes my cars idle to jump around due to misfires caused by oil buildup in the spark plug chambers... lets just say its time for a new car.. but no $$$ or job makes it kinda hard. lol... but yea under normal circumstances a 50 mile drive round trip wouldn't be too bad if i was making enough money to actually make the gas costs seen negligible.
OK, given your limitations, you may have to flip burgers or something "not so fun" until you can afford some decent transportation. Or change that gasket out and take the early shift so you can get to work before it's hot out. It sucks but a few weeks of that and you can probably trade your car/truck plus recent earnings in on something better... and then go 25 miles to a better job.

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: lol. for me its kind of a big deal cause i dont have AC in my car which during the summer means im all hot and sweaty before i even get to work. also I have what i believe to be a leaky head gasket which causes my cars idle to jump around due to misfires caused by oil buildup in the spark plug chambers... lets just say its time for a new car.. but no $$$ or job makes it kinda hard. lol... but yea under normal circumstances a 50 mile drive round trip wouldn't be too bad if i was making enough money to actually make the gas costs seen negligible.
OK, given your limitations, you may have to flip burgers or something "not so fun" until you can afford some decent transportation. Or change that gasket out and take the early shift so you can get to work before it's hot out. It sucks but a few weeks of that and you can probably trade your car/truck plus recent earnings in on something better... and then go 25 miles to a better job.
Yeah when i had a decent paying job that was my plan but life kept getting in the way so Im thinking of just moving to a bigger city with more job opportunities that require less of a drive lol
NRA Member

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

if you can't afford a decent used car to get to work, how will you afford to move?

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote:if you can't afford a decent used car to get to work, how will you afford to move?
I know someone who has a truck i could borrow. i dont have a lot of stuff in the way of material posessions. a few guns some ammo a computer knives and some clothes are all i really own. i like to keep things simple... i dont need much. lol. but yeah ill work a crap job or local job here for a bit until i can afford a deposit and rent then get a new job in the new town and then move down there before i have to start. im sure there are flaws in my plan but it could work.
NRA Member

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

With Texas summer heat isn't it pretty much all over after the first couple of miles? Maybe the 2x miles isn't all that much worse commute if it's for a significantly better job.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”