New to Texas: Does This Sign Hold Legal Power?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
icer22x
Posts in topic: 2

New to Texas: Does This Sign Hold Legal Power?

Post by icer22x »

Took the kids to Kiddie Park in San Antonio. They did not have a 30.07 posted, but had this instead. Am I correct to say this holds no legal power over my ability to conceal inside this business?
Last edited by icer22x on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New to Texas: Does This Sign Hold Legal Power?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

icer22x wrote:Took the kids to Kiddie Park in San Antonio. They did not have a 30.07 posted, but had this instead. Am I correct to say this holds no legal power over my ability to conceal inside this business?
Picture of the sign?

There are only two signs that apply to you....well....three, if you count red “51%” signs in bars... 30.06 and 30.07, and the requirements for either sign to be compliant are very specific. Gov’t has no authority to post either in a public park. If this park is a private business, then they can post either or both signs, but they must be compliant. So without being able to see a picture of the sign you’re asking about, the answer would be: “if it is not either a compliant 30.06 or compliant 30.07 sign, then it has no bearing on your ability to carry in that business”. Now, if that business is a private school, then all bets are off.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
icer22x
Posts in topic: 2

Post by icer22x »

Sorry I'm using my phone right now. It's not uploading the picture.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

as long as theres no 30.06 or 51% sign and you're licensed to carry, you can conceal carry. if its just a gun buster sign those hold no legal weight for a licensed concealed carrier. That being said, if they discover you are carrying and ask you to leave, then you'd have to otherwise you'd be 30.05 trespassing.
NRA Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

According to the Texas3006.com website and app, a user has reported that they have a valid 3006 sign, but they have not posted a photo.

Please feel free to download the free app, and sign up for an account. You can then look up the Kiddie Park entry and post the photo you took.

I, or one of the other mods on there will review your photo, and update the entry as required (and report the answer back here as well.

Welcome to the forum!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

icer22x wrote:Took the kids to Kiddie Park in San Antonio. They did not have a 30.07 posted, but had this instead. Am I correct to say this holds no legal power over my ability to conceal inside this business?
It depends.

How new to Texas are you? Do you have a Texas LTC or one from another state that Texas recognizes?

Since you're having trouble uploading a picture, could you describe the sign?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oak Threeper

Post by Oak Threeper »

It calls itself an amusement park but it doesn't look large enough to meet the meaning of amusement park assigned by Section 46.035.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”