Application question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 3

Application question

Post by Odinvalknir »

I filed my application yesterday, took the LTC class today, and am going to get fingerprinted Wednesday. I listed the 2 misdemeanors that I knew of on my application.

I decided tonight I would run a background check and look up my criminal stuff. There is a 3rd charge that I cannot for the life of me recall, nor can anyone else of my family. The charges were filed and then dismissed a few months later. Obviously I guess I should list them, but I am pretty positive I was never arrested or charged for ANY crime in 2012. Much less the theft crime it's showing me, so I have NO clue what is going on. It was 2012, so it wouldn't hurt my application but I wasn't aware of anything like that on my record, do I need to file an addendum to my application? CAN I do so? If so, how?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Application question

Post by Keith B »

Odinvalknir wrote:I filed my application yesterday, took the LTC class today, and am going to get fingerprinted Wednesday. I listed the 2 misdemeanors that I knew of on my application.

I decided tonight I would run a background check and look up my criminal stuff. There is a 3rd charge that I cannot for the life of me recall, nor can anyone else of my family. The charges were filed and then dismissed a few months later. Obviously I guess I should list them, but I am pretty positive I was never arrested or charged for ANY crime in 2012. Much less the theft crime it's showing me, so I have NO clue what is going on. It was 2012, so it wouldn't hurt my application but I wasn't aware of anything like that on my record, do I need to file an addendum to my application? CAN I do so? If so, how?
You need to contact the court where the charge shows and ask them to provide you a disposition on the event. It is possible they need to remove it from your record. No matter, you will need to contact DPS and provide them with info that a 3rd charge shows up and provide them with the disposition and dispositions for the other 2 as well.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Keith B wrote:
Odinvalknir wrote:I filed my application yesterday, took the LTC class today, and am going to get fingerprinted Wednesday. I listed the 2 misdemeanors that I knew of on my application.

You need to contact the court where the charge shows and ask them to provide you a disposition on the event. It is possible they need to remove it from your record. No matter, you will need to contact DPS and provide them with info that a 3rd charge shows up and provide them with the disposition and dispositions for the other 2 as well.

The disposition is "dismissed" so I'm not sure why it shows at all. But I don't recall the incident, not does my wife, mother, father, anyone.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

Maybe you are a victim of identity theft?

Or, you have an evil twin?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

Class C misdemeanors do not have to be reported unless an arrest occurred. I would be prepared to send them the final disposition of any A or B misdemeanors because it will be your responsibility to prove them. The 3rd that you can not recall, I would most definitely contact the county that it was reported in and make sure that there was not a mistake made and if so have it cleared up.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Odinvalknir wrote:
Keith B wrote:

The disposition is "dismissed" so I'm not sure why it shows at all. But I don't recall the incident, not does my wife, mother, father, anyone.
No matter, if it shows up then you will need a copy of the disposition to send to DPS showing it was dismissed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Yea I downloaded copies of each disposition and will include them with my DL, LTC-100, and fingerprints when I upload everything to DPS.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”