CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rocinante
Posts in topic: 3

Reporting stolen LTC

Post by rocinante »

Hi,

I had my wallet (containing my LTC) stolen while out of the country. Coincidenally, I had already applied for renewal since it expires before long. The online instructions say to go to the handgun licensing app on texas.gov to report it stolen, but when I go there all I see is the status page for my renewal application. Is there another way to do this?

(Calling the DPS would mean an international call in the middle of the night right now, so I'm hoping for something I can do online.)

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reporting stolen LTC

Post by bblhd672 »

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/login.do
Is the URL you went to? If so, you have to sign in as a "Returning User" with your DL # and DOB. After sign in you should see this:

Change Information

Change residential address
Change mailing address
Change contact information
Report lost/stolen license
If that's not what you are seeing, you may have to call DPS instead. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by infoman »

You need to send an email to them letting them know what happened. You cannot do that transaction online during a pending renewal. Simply email them saying your license was stolen.

Topic author
rocinante

Post by rocinante »

bblhd672 wrote:https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/login.do
Is the URL you went to? If so, you have to sign in as a "Returning User" with your DL # and DOB. After sign in you should see this:

Change Information

Change residential address
Change mailing address
Change contact information
Report lost/stolen license
If that's not what you are seeing, you may have to call DPS instead. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
All it shows me is the renewal status. The other options are missing. I tried calling in, but it reports an average wait time of 52 minutes. Not good at international roaming/long distance rates.

Topic author
rocinante

Post by rocinante »

infoman wrote:You need to send an email to them letting them know what happened. You cannot do that transaction online during a pending renewal. Simply email them saying your license was stolen.
Thanks. Is there a direct email address for this sort of thing? When I try to contact them by "email", the web site brings up a form with preloaded questions, none of which are similar to "report stolen license".

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by infoman »

use “renewal question”

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”