My Health Problems...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RatMan
Posts in topic: 1

My Health Problems...

Post by RatMan »

After a 13 day extended tour of Harris Methodist Hospital, my parole papers came down about 5:00pm Thursday and I am now at home. Thank GOD!

Not sure if ya'll know what I've had done or have but here goes...

Starting back in April I started getting real tired all the time. Then, in June I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with hypertension and Type 2 Diabetes. After hearing that, I drastically changed my diet and life style so when I had lost almost 30 pounds in three months, I really did not think that much about it....

Fast forward to the first of September:

I started having trouble keeping food down. No matter what I ate, within a two or three days it would come back up. This went on for about a week then started to get so that I was throwing up two to three times a day. I went back to the doctor and she scheduled a "CaT" scan on the 16th at 11:30am...

Well, about 2:30pm they called and wanted me to get to the Harris ER ASAP. All they said at the time was I had a blockage in my intestine and a "mass".

After being admitted into the hospital, I met with my surgeon and was then informed that I most likely had pancreatic cancer and also some spots on my liver and was scheduled for a gastro bypass, (in his words, MAJOR surgery) on the19th. He told me that while it was possible that the mass could be beguine, he said that since he saw the spots on my liver that it was, most likely, malignant but we would know for sure when they did a biopsy on my liver during the operation.

Well, to make a long story even longer, it is in fact malignant and in a couple of weeks I'll meet with my Oncologist <sp> to start a chemo plan of action.

Needless to say, this all has hit me like a TON of bricks as there has never been any cancer in my family. Everyone has always died of "old age".

I know that I am facing the fight of my life but with the strength and help of God, my family and friends, I will prevail over this!

Thanks again and God Bless!
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

RatMan,
You are on our prayer list as of right now!

OE & Wife
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

I too will pray for you that you will gain peace and courage to fight this disease.
Last edited by ghentry on Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

+1.

Ratman, my wife spent her time as an oncology nurse. She believes the experience was worth the effort. She was inspired by the courage and persistence of her patients.

We will remember you in our prayers as well.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Keep up the good spirits, there's a ton of people behind you on this one...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you muh man...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

In my thoughts and prayers.......

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Keep up the good spirits, there's a ton of people behind you on this one...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you muh man...
I'll second this. We're with you on this one.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

tex45acp

Post by tex45acp »

ratman,

I pray that the Holy Spirit gives you the strength to fight this battle and that Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ heals you of all your afflictions. I pray that you are back with us, full of life and clear of the evil that is Cancer.
Amen

I have added you to our list of people, the mens prayer group that I am part of, prays for every Sunday.

I will ask that you pray as well for yourself and pray often!!!

Mike
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

cxm

Re: My Health Problems...

Post by cxm »

Rat,

I am glad to hear they have made some progress... and you are in a fighting mood.

Cancer is a scary thing... I have (successfully I hope) fought cancer since 2003... and it will wear on you if you let it. Attitude is critical and sounds like you are ok there.

We will remember you in our thoughts and prayers for a quick and full victory.

V/r

Chuck

RatMan wrote:After a 13 day extended tour of Harris Methodist Hospital, my parole papers came down about 5:00pm Thursday and I am now at home. Thank GOD!

Not sure if ya'll know what I've had done or have but here goes...

Starting back in April I started getting real tired all the time. Then, in June I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with hypertension and Type 2 Diabetes. After hearing that, I drastically changed my diet and life style so when I had lost almost 30 pounds in three months, I really did not think that much about it....

Fast forward to the first of September:

I started having trouble keeping food down. No matter what I ate, within a two or three days it would come back up. This went on for about a week then started to get so that I was throwing up two to three times a day. I went back to the doctor and she scheduled a "CaT" scan on the 16th at 11:30am...

Well, about 2:30pm they called and wanted me to get to the Harris ER ASAP. All they said at the time was I had a blockage in my intestine and a "mass".

After being admitted into the hospital, I met with my surgeon and was then informed that I most likely had pancreatic cancer and also some spots on my liver and was scheduled for a gastro bypass, (in his words, MAJOR surgery) on the19th. He told me that while it was possible that the mass could be beguine, he said that since he saw the spots on my liver that it was, most likely, malignant but we would know for sure when they did a biopsy on my liver during the operation.

Well, to make a long story even longer, it is in fact malignant and in a couple of weeks I'll meet with my Oncologist <sp> to start a chemo plan of action.

Needless to say, this all has hit me like a TON of bricks as there has never been any cancer in my family. Everyone has always died of "old age".

I know that I am facing the fight of my life but with the strength and help of God, my family and friends, I will prevail over this!

Thanks again and God Bless!
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”