Wearing a mask while LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wearing a mask while LTC

Post by Maxwell »

kayt00 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:41 pm That's why I finally bought a holster for my 686+ (that was tragically lost in a lake). Might be the only time in my life I can open carry a revolver and wear a bandana mask without being accused of a "hold up". :biggrinjester:
Umm, which lake...? :biggrinjester:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

Maxwell wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 am
kayt00 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:41 pm That's why I finally bought a holster for my 686+ (that was tragically lost in a lake). Might be the only time in my life I can open carry a revolver and wear a bandana mask without being accused of a "hold up". :biggrinjester:
Umm, which lake...? :biggrinjester:
All of them... :lol::
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LucasMcCain wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am Yesterday, the Tarrant County judge issued a royal decree that all businesses must post signs at their entrances REQUIRING all customers to wear a mask when entering the business. This could get interesting for LTCs. I carry at work, and I wear or do not wear a mask according to whatever the customer's comfort level happens to be, but I guess that’s going to change....
:banghead:
This was brought up at my work, and I noticed that we are exempt, although I was the only one that caught it. I can't speak to the Dallas county version, as I have not read the full text. However, the Tarrant county EO specifically says that it applies to businesses which provide goods or services directly to the public. My work does not, as we are a manufacturing facility. Ergo, we are not required to wear masks at all times.

I don't remember where you work, so this may or may not affect you, but I thought I would mention it.
I work at an IdentoGO location, digitally fingerprinting people all day long.
chasfm11 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pmLike many of the other ironies of today, a business owner must have the right to manage their property as they chose regarding firearms but does NOT have the right to not exclude customers because they aren't wearing a mask. I've railed for years that banks have been made into the enforcement arm of the Federal government. Lot's like we're fixin' to do the same with local merchants regarding the county and city governments. Once this "ice" has been broken, it will never freeze up again.
That ice was broken a long time ago. We are supposed to exclude any customer not wearing a mask from entry now.

I think that whichever part of the Texas constitution that gives county judges the power to issue county-wide executive orders without the involvement the voters or county supervisors was probably a huge mistake. ONE man gets to tell the 2,057,470 residents of Tarrant County what they may or may not do....for however long he wants them to do/not do it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

I took care of that. Born, raised, married, divorced, married again in Fort Worth. Had enough had to leave before I could retire. Much happier in Parker County. Dropped 900sqft and a set of stairs, lost a Mayor that wants to be Dallas West cut my taxes and utilities. I don’t need to go into Tarrant County for much and to Dallas County for NOTHING.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 pmI think that whichever part of the Texas constitution that gives county judges the power to issue county-wide executive orders without the involvement the voters or county supervisors was probably a huge mistake. ONE man gets to tell the 2,057,470 residents of Tarrant County what they may or may not do....for however long he wants them to do/not do it.
Technically, the county/city executive is only allowed to have an order in place for a maximum of 7 days without the rest of the commissioner's court or city council approving it. I can understand the need to be able to mobilize in a true emergency, and I appreciate that there is a limitation on the number of days that mayors and county judges have as far as unilaterally issuing orders without requesting further approval.

Personally, I wish we had a similar setup at the state level where the governor's orders would expire after X days without approval by the legislature. Our state constitution clearly states;
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs ... .4.htm#4.8
Sec. 8. CONVENING LEGISLATURE ON EXTRAORDINARY OCCASIONS. (a) The Governor may, on extraordinary occasions, convene the Legislature at the seat of Government, or at a different place, in case that should be in possession of the public enemy or in case of the prevalence of disease threat. His proclamation therefor shall state specifically the purpose for which the Legislature is convened.
emphasis mine

My point is, the governor should not be making law via executive order. We have a separation of powers (at least on paper) for a reason!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I normally take care of all my banking business at the drive through. But today I had to get inside my safe deposit box. My bank has a little sign with a gun and a red circle, but the lettering says, "Firearms may not be carried openly." So they are fine with CC. They also had a sign that said masks are required before entering. Now I don't wear a regular mask. I wear a bandana because of my hearing aids. The ear loops on a mask cause trouble with the hearing aids and tend to pull them off my ears when I take off that kind of mask.

So anyway, here I walk into the main bank lobby with my Resistol hat on and a bandana up over my nose and a full size 1911 on my hip under my shirt. My bank uses police officers for security, and one was sitting at a desk just inside the door. I glanced his way, and he spotted the bulge under my shirt. I paused for a step, looked at him and just sort of shrugged my shoulders. He really didn't react, and I was tempted to go talk to him to alleviate any suspicions he might have, but instead I just kept walking. I spoke to a teller, who directed me to a desk where I signed in and went into the vault and got something out of my safe deposit box.

On the way out, a different police officer was sitting at the desk, and he also looked me over carefully. They were just doing there job, so I wasn't the least put off by their scrutiny. But I will say, it still feels very, very weird walking into the bank armed while wearing a bandana over my nose. But kudos to my bank for allowing us to carry there.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:33 pm I normally take care of all my banking business at the drive through. But today I had to get inside my safe deposit box. My bank has a little sign with a gun and a red circle, but the lettering says, "Firearms may not be carried openly." So they are fine with CC. They also had a sign that said masks are required before entering. Now I don't wear a regular mask. I wear a bandana because of my hearing aids. The ear loops on a mask cause trouble with the hearing aids and tend to pull them off my ears when I take off that kind of mask.

So anyway, here I walk into the main bank lobby with my Resistol hat on and a bandana up over my nose and a full size 1911 on my hip under my shirt. My bank uses police officers for security, and one was sitting at a desk just inside the door. I glanced his way, and he spotted the bulge under my shirt. I paused for a step, looked at him and just sort of shrugged my shoulders. He really didn't react, and I was tempted to go talk to him to alleviate any suspicions he might have, but instead I just kept walking. I spoke to a teller, who directed me to a desk where I signed in and went into the vault and got something out of my safe deposit box.

On the way out, a different police officer was sitting at the desk, and he also looked me over carefully. They were just doing there job, so I wasn't the least put off by their scrutiny. But I will say, it still feels very, very weird walking into the bank armed while wearing a bandana over my nose. But kudos to my bank for allowing us to carry there.
I bank at Wells Fargo, infrequently in person. When I do enter the lobby, I am masked and carrying my S&W M&P9 M2.0 5" openly at 3.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

flechero

Post by flechero »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:33 pm I glanced his way, and he spotted the bulge under my shirt. I paused for a step, looked at him and just sort of shrugged my shoulders.
Is it "CC" if it's that obvious?

He may have reacted if you had a plastic gun but the 1911 froze him! :lol:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

At the Frisco breakfast this past Saturday, 12/12/20, I was at Rudy's BBQ in Frisco.

I complimented a stranger who was OC'ing an XDM9 on his right hip. The Rudy's employee asked him to put on a mask.

The LTC refused, opining to me that wearing a mask while carrying is against the law. I thought he was wrong, but really didn't know what the current position is, with regards to the law. He said that he didn't want to jeopardize his LTC.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I have had on three separate occasions somebody tell me you can't carry a gun if your wearing a mask that it's against the law, That Is Blatantly Not True! Nothing in Texas Law says anything of the sort! Mask or no mask Carry On!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

crazy2medic: We'd like to see your face in the place this Saturday at Rudy's Arlington at 0800. Yes?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I would love to, but my work schedule has me working 6a to 2p on Sat. Sun.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm At the Frisco breakfast this past Saturday, 12/12/20, I was at Rudy's BBQ in Frisco.

I complimented a stranger who was OC'ing an XDM9 on his right hip. The Rudy's employee asked him to put on a mask.

The LTC refused, opining to me that wearing a mask while carrying is against the law. I thought he was wrong, but really didn't know what the current position is, with regards to the law. He said that he didn't want to jeopardize his LTC.

SIA
If we have an LTC, we have a responsibility to know the rules.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm At the Frisco breakfast this past Saturday, 12/12/20, I was at Rudy's BBQ in Frisco.

SIA
It is against the law to carry while masked in some states, Texas is not one of those states.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

pawn

Post by pawn »

Texas, and Washington are both ok to carry with a mask on (family living in Washington).

I'm not sure I'd want to try that in Chicago, though, but I avoid that state anyway...

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”