Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 4

Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Post by swilkes »

Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.

Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

swilkes wrote:Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.

Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.

For Lewisville you need a pass that was given out months ago, but if you want to go the pass is good for 2.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by swilkes »

Richbirdhunter wrote:

For Lewisville you need a pass that was given out months ago, but if you want to go the pass is good for 2.
. I️ just might take you up on the offer. It will be after the split I️ am sure.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Since the topic header is Hunting Photos I thought pictures were prerequisite. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.
I've never been duck hunting. I thought you weren't supposed to shoot the wooden decoy ducks.

:biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

oljames3 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.
I've never been duck hunting. I thought you weren't supposed to shoot the wooden decoy ducks.

:biggrinjester:

It’s a lot easier, did you know that real ducks fly!!?? That makes it really hard

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

swilkes wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

. I️ just might take you up on the offer. It will be after the split I️ am sure.
I’d be happy to go out, bring your license, waders, shotgun and ammo.

Return to “Hunting Photos”