GATOR!

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Mikel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GATOR!

Post by Mikel »

we have them around Bryan/College Station. Mainly in surrounding rivers and lakes. a few have been caught in creeks.

dBex

Post by dBex »

That thing is huge. I think I would still be afraid of it even if I knew it was dead

Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Nice gator (the dead ones are always the best kind), but I think it is totally wrong to shoot it in Buccees parking lot! It probably only called in for a slushie "rlol"

:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

fickman

Post by fickman »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Texas Gator Trivia:

Some time ago (probably DMN, Dallas Morning Snooze) I read that out of
the 254 counties in Texas, the easternmost 120 of them contain gators.

That seemed like a high number of counties to me to contain gators.

There's been a story around for some time that Lake Lewisville (north of
Dallas) has gators, but this seems more like a scary campfire story than
fact.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... de72f.html

Alligators in Lake Lewisville near Little Elm confirmed. Neighbors had been reporting this one for a while and officials told them to coexist with it. . . then it was found dead and tied to a tree.

I'd be surprised to see them on the west side of the Metroplex or the counties west and northwest of Tarrant.
Native Texian

Sniper John

Post by Sniper John »

Well, it is supposed to be anyway. However, you never know WHAT you might really be eating!!! :lol: Restaurants serve farm raised gator. Pretty popular in the southeast.

I have a friend who played for the Saints. Used to gator hunt with him and his brother periodically. Never got any near that big though. Definatley a trophy there Dan!! :thumbs2:
Actually the last two TPWD public Gator hunts I went on, the buyer we sold our gators to was the person filling the contract that ultimately supplied Razoos. To be able to fill his contract he was also buying wild caught gators out of Florida and Louisiana. The demand is for the meat now, rather than like in the past when it was mostly for the hide.

Topic author
Dan20703
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dan20703 »

JvT wrote:
Well, it is supposed to be anyway. However, you never know WHAT you might really be eating!!! :lol: Restaurants serve farm raised gator. Pretty popular in the southeast.

I have a friend who played for the Saints. Used to gator hunt with him and his brother periodically. Never got any near that big though. Definatley a trophy there Dan!! :thumbs2:
Actually the last two TPWD public Gator hunts I went on, the buyer we sold our gators to was the person filling the contract that ultimately supplied Razoos. To be able to fill his contract he was also buying wild caught gators out of Florida and Louisiana. The demand is for the meat now, rather than like in the past when it was mostly for the hide.
The demand for gators is WAY WAY down from last year. Prices last year for an 7 foot + gator fetched $36 per foot. This year the same animal will only get you $7 per foot. Gators under 7 feet will only get you $2 per foot this year ($20 last year). State tags cost the landowner $21 each. Do the math. Many cleaning houses are not even opening this year. Luckily the buyer I use in El Campo will be open. Darn! Catching gators has been my way of funding my ammo habits during duck, dove and deer season.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

fickman:
Hey thanks friend for the link.

I get the DMN most days, but the link you provided was on a day I didn't get the paper.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Hunting Photos”