Finally got him......

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Finally got him......

Post by flintknapper »

We live in the country.....so from time to time we get a mouse or two in the house.

Last week my wife noticed a big hole chewed in the bottom of a dog food bag we keep in the pantry/wash room. Time to put out some mouse traps.

A week went by and NOTHING!

But just this morning:

:mrgreen: ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Finally got him......

Post by Keith B »

You're a sick man Flint, you know that?? "rlol"
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Keith B wrote:You're a sick man Flint, you know that?? "rlol"

I know.

But when this thing came in a box of cereal....I just knew I had to do something with it.
;-)

killerfly128
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by killerfly128 »

flintknapper wrote:We live in the country.....so from time to time we get a mouse or two in the house.

Last week my wife noticed a big hole chewed in the bottom of a dog food bag we keep in the pantry/wash room. Time to put out some mouse traps.

But just this morning:

Right click .... save as. that is great stuff man
:cheers2: :hurry: :anamatedbanana :thewave

subsonic

Post by subsonic »

Did you need a special license to trap that?
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

subsonic wrote:Did you need a special license to trap that?
No Sir.

I always purchase the "Super Combo" license, it includes the "Disney" stamp along with the Migratory bird, Saltwater, Waterfowl, Turkey, Archery, etc....

A "trapping" license is only required when harvesting the recognized "fur bearing" animals. This one was Polyester for sure!

All legal. ;-)

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KC5AV »

I expected to see a photo of a big hog. It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about. Good stuff.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

edit: delete
Last edited by flintknapper on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KC5AV »

It seems common sense to me that a sub-forum called Hunting Photos might indicate the possibility of some blood. Maybe it's just me.
NRA lifetime member

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

flintknapper wrote:We live in the country.....so from time to time we get a mouse or two in the house.

But just this morning:

At least he went out with a smile....he didn't suffer!
:thumbs2:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

longhorn_92 wrote:

But just this morning:

At least he went out with a smile....he didn't suffer!
:thumbs2:

That mouse is ALWAYS smiling. However, he is a California native and grew up in Hollyweird. Maybe it's the Botox!! :mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

flintknapper wrote:I hadn't thought about using glue traps for hogs........but it might work.

IIRC you can buy that glue in bulk...but even when I was in pest control I never saw 35 gallon barrels of it :???:

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

A while back I had a mouse running around the apartment. He was living behind the dishwasher. I placed some glue traps around his exits to no avail. He just kicked them around to proceed and bust into some pasta in my pantry. You don't know how bad I wanted to just camp out with my .22 at that point, it was war :)

I never did catch him. I guess he finally left... or his just died behind the dishwasher.

MCook806

Post by MCook806 »

:) Ok, now that got me laughing. I had to share with everyone here in the office.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Heh.

One night a couple Novembers ago, I woke up late at night hearing my wife yelling and screaming about something. I got my pistol, and wearing only my tactical boxer shorts headed for the living room. I found out my wife was yelling at the cats, who had caught a mouse. Problem was the main predator cat, the 15lb male, would drop the mouse from his jaws and watch it run off, then all the cats (three) would chase it some more until big boy would wrestle it away from the other cats, carry it around in his mouth, then let it go and watch it run off again. My wife does not like mice and wanted the mouse GONE. She finds them too icky to deal with herself, so I put down the gun, picked up a dustpan as the nearest somewhat lethal but non ballistic weapon, and the cats and I began chasing the mouse again, all over the living room and behind the furniture. I swatted the cats a couple or three times with the dust pan since we would all leap for the mouse at the same time -- and then the mouse disappeared. None of us could find it, so I guess he finally headed out whatever little hole he came in through. I expect he needed psychological counseling after being chased by three cats and a madman in boxer shorts waving a dust pan...
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Hunting Photos”