Biltong (aka beef jerky) - African style

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

sneedb82
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Biltong (aka beef jerky) - African style

Post by sneedb82 »

I'm going to play stupid redneck here....

The steaks, look like they're about half a pound or more a piece... is this correct? About 6 inches in length?
If that is true, then man!!! That's a meal right there. Start packing those up in FoodSavers and send them to the troops! LoL. I usually use a Chuck Roast (or, don't chastise me here, a lean brisket), and I get it sliced at the butcher (no charge), into strips. Then I marinate them over night, with a rub and a liquid concoction of my own, with no water in it (contains a little, but not much), and then put the strips on the dehyrdator. Works well, just as long as they don't stay on too long (not much on the dry as a board jerky).

What kind of dehydrator is that? It's more current than the one I use, but couldn't tell from the picture.

That looks really good.... will have to try it out soon. Thanks Andy

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Biltong (aka beef jerky) - African style

Post by PUCKER »

Looks very nice! Although when I saw the (almost-finished) product, I thought to myself, "Fire up the grill, it's time to sear 'em quick and have a nice bloody steak!" I like to coat/crust my steaks with olive oil and spices before grilling.

Return to “Hunting Photos”