Ruger 77/17 uses .17 Hornady to dispatch 235 squirrels.Video

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

RocTrac
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ruger 77/17 uses .17 Hornady to dispatch 235 squirrels.Video

Post by RocTrac »

I have seen what squirrels and crows and coons etc can do to a crop. A sick feeling it is when you go out to find the local pig population has fattened up on your peas, the deer have destroid your watermelons and the coons have eaten and pulled down your corn. Squirrels love tomatoes, yep they do and anything else that makes a good sandwich. Crows are bad about pulling your sprouts out of the ground. Yes, I have eaten said hogs, deer, squirrels, coons but not the crows. I keep a Gamo wisper .22 and a walther talen .22 with a air venturi gas piston for critter control. Sorry, no video.
03/Oct 09- Class taken
05/Oct 09- Packet Mailed
05 1/2 Oct- Tapping fingers on desk waiting
04/Dec. 09- Plastic came in the Mail.
Primary Dan Wesson Valor
Secondary Kimber Crimson Carry II
Third XDm 9

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

Some of those looked to be almost as big as some prarie dogs! I don't have a problem with taking them out in these numbers if doing the type of damage I've seen prarie dogs do to acres and acres in the Texas Pahahndle.

I DO have a problem with some of the shots that appear to be at an upward angle - particularly some of those off the branches and with power lines and who knows what else beyond!
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

Greybeard wrote:Some of those looked to be almost as big as some prarie dogs! I don't have a problem with taking them out in these numbers if doing the type of damage I've seen prarie dogs do to acres and acres in the Texas Pahahndle.

I DO have a problem with some of the shots that appear to be at an upward angle - particularly some of those off the branches and with power lines and who knows what else beyond!
okay I wasnt the only one thinking that.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

he Hates these Cans...er um, Squirrels!
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Return to “Hunting Photos”