Buck-Doe Found in MI

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Buck-Doe Found in MI

Post by i8godzilla »

This is the second one. Something strange going on in this herd.
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/most_popular ... ovider=top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Upon taking a closer look, they realized that it wasn't a 6-point buck like they thought. "He went to gut it out, looked down there and said 'hey, it ain't got any [male parts], but he had the other parts!' I had never seen anything like it, " explains Navitskas.

No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

longtooth

Re: Buck-Doe Found in MI

Post by longtooth »

In all my hunting yrs I saw 2 antlered does. Both were short spikes. On one about a 4" one w/ the other side being 1". The other about the 4" on one side & the other just the button.

Never saw a mature looking set of antlers like that one on a doe though. Jaw & neck hide give the appearance of a Buck too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

HAHA! My first deer when I was 16 WELL before digital cameras was a "3 point" buckish thing. I was so surprised when I field dressed SHIM there was external and internal "stuff". I was so confused. I am guessing I had a true hermaphrodite! My hunting buddy was all excited and kept saying "I had got one that needed gettin'!" I have the trophy too! The scar from the 10 stitches that went into my left hand where I slipped with the knife in the 18 degree weather. Terrified the Port Lavaca ER with my appearance, but I think it was the highlite of their day - especially when the triage nurse calmed down after I assured her it was not a gunshot wound like she hollered when I came in, I just had a bit of deer blood down my front from dressing deer. I guess folks don't bleed in Pt. Lavaca unless they have a GSW ;-)

The one pictured here had a much better rack than mine - only one antler and no evidence where the other had ever been on the scalp or skull.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Well ..... nuclear waste has to be buried SOMEWHERE!

But seriously:
Male black bass are being found with female parts and vice-versa.
When scientists discovered a huge amount of hormones in the fish, along with perfume chemicals from soaps, and many prescription pharmaceutical meds, they surmised the water is causing the changes in the fish/animals, as the sewage treatment doesn't remove those.
Makes sense that deer drink water ...
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Weren't some of the famous Boone & Crockett "non-typical" whitetails actually antlered doe? I'm thinking the "hole in the horn" or some such...my waback machine is on the fritz.

On the other hand, yours is hardly what I'd call a "non-typical" rack...

Nice deer, regardless of oddities!
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Is that different from what I've heard called a "hermaphroditic buck?"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Womens' Rights movement. :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

RPB wrote:Makes sense that deer drink water ...
How much water did Helen Thomas and Justice Kagan drink?
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “Hunting Photos”