Dove season - whatcha got planned?

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dove season - whatcha got planned?

Post by 2farnorth »

Early this morning it sounded like someone opened a shooting range in the fields behind my house. Looked out the back window and saw several doves sitting around my bird bath. I just chuckled and went about my business. Little later I noticed the doves were still at the bird bath and in the oak tree overhead. Bet there were ten or more enjoying our hospitality :cool: ;-)
N5PNZ

birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

Great whitewing hunt yesterday!! Limit of 15 birds in just under 30 minutes! (But let's not talk about the shell count, ;-) )

But, good Lord, was it ever hot. 99 degrees and no shade. Be sure to stay hydrated when you hit the fields today!

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

suthdj wrote:I have only eate one hunted animal my step-brother shot a rabbit. All I remember was having to be careful when I ate because of all the buck shot in the meat. So being doves are so small is it really worth the effort or is it just the nature of the beast?
Buckshot on rabbit?!? Suprised there was anything left to eat. I have been dove hunting since I was 9 and can count on one hand the times I have bit into bird shot. A limit of dove makes a nice meal for a couple folks.
Last edited by Carry-a-Kimber on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
suthdj wrote:I have only eate one hunted animal my step-brother shot a rabbit. All I remember was having to be careful when I ate because of all the buck shot in the meat. So being doves are so small is it really worth the effort or is it just the nature of the beast?
Buckshot on rabbit?!? Suprised there was anything left to eat. I have been dove hunting since I was 9 and can could on one hand the times I have bit into bird shot. A limit of dove makes a nice meal for a couple folks.
Ok maybe not buckshot it was smaller then a BB, sorry for me it is all buckshot.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Return to “Hunting Photos”