hunted today in the rain

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

hunted today in the rain

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Saw one doe all day 5:30am to 5:00pm. rained all day, let up once in a while. Your opinions, does rain slow down movement? Had a great time w/ my son, but wished we could have filled a tag or two, dare I be greedy. His first time out. Loved it.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

RJGold

Re: hunted today in the rain

Post by RJGold »

In my experience, yes, rain (especially hard rain) will slow down movement. If you can get out again in the morning, they will probably move better. It's supposed to stop raining overnight and be drier in the morning...

Good luck.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

tamc

Post by tamc »

I agree. My opinion ... they have water and likely food near where they are bedded down. No reason to move. The wind this weekend complicates it as well - my opinion the worst weekend I have seen in years (wind, cold, rain).

That being said, when we left yesterday morning (after giving up), I saw three doe "laughing at me" from the neighbors property. None the less they were safe since we cannot take does in our county.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Rut may be close to kicking off in North Texas with this cold snap. I saw two small bucks on the side of the road about 10 miles apart yesterday morning on the way to work. Both had been hit by vehicles so they're starting to run around up here. Will know on Thanksgiving weekend if it's started. Good Luck out there!
III

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Misty rain is my favorite time to hunt, pouring rain will bed them down.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Yeah and it washes all the estrous doe pee away as well!!
III

Return to “Hunting Photos”