When there are too many hogs to shoot.

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

When there are too many hogs to shoot.

Post by VMI77 »

http://knuckledraggin.com/2015/03/when- ... -to-shoot/

Either can't or do know how to make the video show here.

And yeah, I know, for some of you guys there is no such thing as too many to shoot.

Language Warning
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Re: When there are too many hogs to shoot.

Post by mr1337 »

Looks like a job for some heavy ordinance.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

[video][/video]

Nothing beats fishing and hog hunting at the same time.

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:[video][/video]

Nothing beats fishing and hog hunting at the same time.
A relation of one of my coworkers was hunting hogs at night last winter (a year ago), went in the river after one, and disappeared. His buddies looked all over for him, called for help....he was found the next morning having drowned. I wouldn't go in a river in the day time, much less at night.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/b43aF4R0h40

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b43aF4R0h40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b43aF4R0h40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[googlevideo][/googlevideo]

[youtube][/youtube]

(sorry, I can't seem to get the video to post here, just the link, can anyone help please? (what am I doing wrong, any tips?)

I saw this a few days ago and thought this was the video you'd be showing. There're too many hogs here too but this guy does something about it!

SPOILER ALERT BELOW

At the very end there's a close call with a bear!

ETA; more (FAILED) attempts at getting the video to post instead of the link, and also :banghead:
Last edited by mtnthundr2 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

mtnthundr2 wrote:

https://youtu.be/b43aF4R0h40

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b43aF4R0h40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b43aF4R0h40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(sorry, I can't seem to get the video to post here, just the link, can anyone help please? (what am I doing wrong, any tips?)

I saw this a few days ago and thought this was the video you'd be showing. There're too many hogs here too but this guy does something about it!

SPOILER ALERT BELOW

At the very end there's a close call with a bear!
In order for you to display a video inline you must do the following:

1) Get the url - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2) Remove the www. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3) Remove the "s" from the " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4) Remove any "excess" stuff like &feature= or /embed/ or other stuff so that the url looks just like #3 above
5) Place the results inside the [ youtube ][ /youtube] brackets
[youtube][/youtube]
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Thank you Bald Eagle, these are great directions!
I'm headed to the test area now to play with this some more til I get it right, :tiphat:
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Are those Mexican hogs coming north across the river? Are they Democrats?
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

My BIL lives in that area and says he sees them al the time crossing around there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

joe817

Post by joe817 »

I kind of chuckled when I saw that on channel 11 news the other night. Which got me to thinking(always a dangerous thing), I know hunting hogs from a helicopter is legal. Would it be legal to hunt hogs from a boat? Other than the COE regs, of course.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Wes

Post by Wes »

He needs one of these!

[video][/video]

Btw, you can just put any of those urls (shortened or long) in the video tag and you don't have to modify it

This is how I embedded the video above

Code: Select all

[video]http://youtu.be/-MHr3yLWMVU[/video]
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

C-dub wrote:My BIL lives in that area and says he sees them al the time crossing around there.
Lake lewisville? You can't hunt with guns there, but if i remember correctly, you can use bows & arrows.

That's why there's so many there, no hunting pressure because in this day and age nobody knows how to shoot bows & arrows. I checked, my local range & gun club will not allow bows & arrows.

TomV

Post by TomV »

Elm fork has a rather nice archery range.

I bow hunt deer and pigs every year. There are quite a few bow hunters in Texas. Crossbows are even legal now for everyone. Lewisville only allows hunting on the far north end. No where near where these pictures were taken. It is difficult hunting by permit only.

Lavon and Ray Roberts are no different.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

drjoker wrote:
C-dub wrote:My BIL lives in that area and says he sees them al the time crossing around there.
Lake lewisville? You can't hunt with guns there, but if i remember correctly, you can use bows & arrows.

That's why there's so many there, no hunting pressure because in this day and age nobody knows how to shoot bows & arrows. I checked, my local range & gun club will not allow bows & arrows.
I don't know about Lewisville, but I've been told you can hunt hogs with shotguns around lake Grapevine. Haven't confirmed that for myself.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

drjoker wrote:

Pretty sure you can get a Corps permit to hunt hogs with guns on Lake Lewisville. Our neighborhood FB page has concerned moms on complaining constantly about hearing gunshots coming from the Corps land around the lake. Either that or they are doing it illegally.

EDIT: I stand corrected: "Legal Hunting Weapons and Methods: Archery only for feral hogs, all other legal game may be taken with a shotgun using shot size no larger then #2. Crossbows WILL be allowed to hunt Feral Hogs. It is ILLEGAL to hunt with or carry Muzzleloaders, rifles and pistols while on USACE property."

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lewisv ... unting.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not surprised if people are running afoul of these regs.

Return to “Hunting Photos”