Shot a Few Pigs

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber

Re: Shot a Few Pigs

Postby Carry-a-Kimber » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:25 pm

RJGold wrote:Just curious if you were scouting deer, hunting non-indigenous species of deer, or if I missed some form of deer season that happens in July...???

Yes to both. Scouting whitetail and hunting axis. The axis rut late May thru late July.

RJGold

Postby RJGold » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
RJGold wrote:Just curious if you were scouting deer, hunting non-indigenous species of deer, or if I missed some form of deer season that happens in July...???

Yes to both. Scouting whitetail and hunting axis. The axis rut late May thru late July.

Nice...

I'm jealous...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

The Annoyed Man

Postby The Annoyed Man » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:52 pm

I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber

Postby Carry-a-Kimber » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 am

I was after one of these guys. A lot bigger and a little tastier than the piggies. Image

MechAg94

Postby MechAg94 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.

I thought I heard there were meat processors around that would buy the live wild pigs. I thought I saw it on a TSRA email.

The Annoyed Man

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 am

MechAg94 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.

I thought I heard there were meat processors around that would buy the live wild pigs. I thought I saw it on a TSRA email.

There may be, but I doubt that my friend has the time or the inclination. He and his wife are getting on in years, and they run the place with one helper. It's a full-time job. I think he just gives away the pigs he kills to neighbors and such.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

Return to “Hunting Photos”