Shot a Few Pigs

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Shot a Few Pigs

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

RJGold wrote:Just curious if you were scouting deer, hunting non-indigenous species of deer, or if I missed some form of deer season that happens in July...???
Yes to both. Scouting whitetail and hunting axis. The axis rut late May thru late July.

RJGold
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RJGold »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
RJGold wrote:Just curious if you were scouting deer, hunting non-indigenous species of deer, or if I missed some form of deer season that happens in July...???
Yes to both. Scouting whitetail and hunting axis. The axis rut late May thru late July.
Nice...

I'm jealous...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

I was after one of these guys. A lot bigger and a little tastier than the piggies. Image

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.
I thought I heard there were meat processors around that would buy the live wild pigs. I thought I saw it on a TSRA email.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MechAg94 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I have a friend who runs a pecan farm outside of Bastrop, and he has a trap going pretty much full time. He pops 'em with a .38 when they get in the trap.
I thought I heard there were meat processors around that would buy the live wild pigs. I thought I saw it on a TSRA email.
There may be, but I doubt that my friend has the time or the inclination. He and his wife are getting on in years, and they run the place with one helper. It's a full-time job. I think he just gives away the pigs he kills to neighbors and such.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Hunting Photos”