Wild Boar Fajitas

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
olafpfj
Posts in topic: 1

Wild Boar Fajitas

Post by olafpfj »

The pork odyssey is in full swing.
Pre cooked the steaks with a pro chef friend of mine.
Red Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil. Sauteed the veggies and when it went dry I panicked and poured my beer into it!!! Best decision ever.

Came out fantastic and the kiddos loved it as well. That is saying something since they're 7,9 and 11, eating and enjoying wild boar.

Best description from my chef friend..."It tastes like beefy pork". It was a 185# boar and should taste awful but it's basically beefy slightly tougher pork. I couldn't be happier with the flavor and texture.

/yes it's my first game animal and I'm going to go on about it...sue me :biggrinjester:

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

RoyGBiv

Re: Wild Boar Fajitas

Post by RoyGBiv »

Looks delish.

What time should we be over for dinner? I'll bring the fresh tortillas :mrgreen:

Yum/
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Sure looks good! :drool:

How about a fajita party with your haul come Jan. 1? :coolgleamA: :mrgreen:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

olafpfj wrote: It was a 185# boar and should taste awful but it's basically beefy slightly tougher pork. I couldn't be happier with the flavor and texture.
I've always heard that the big ones aren't any good too, but that has never been my experience. The guys that always told me that would chase the hogs with dogs. I've read that it is the adrenaline dump that makes them taste bad. It must be true, since I shoot the hogs from 50 to 100 yards away and they don't even know I am there.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

olafpfj wrote:
It was a 185# boar and should taste awful but it's basically beefy slightly tougher pork. I couldn't be happier with the flavor and texture.

I've shot some that were over 200#, and they tasted fine. Some were a bit tough, but not so much after they went through the meat grinder and became ground meat or sausage.

Way to go! There's a bunch more out there waiting for you to come back. Keep after 'em!
--
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Weg

Post by Weg »

Congrats on your first game harvest! I've never thought of utilizing wild pork like that, I will have to try it out. Looks real good.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Nicely done Olaf. You sure you won't be able to bring any to our next skeet shoot? :mrgreen:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Looks good, sometimes on the bigger pigs I just keep the loins and give the rest away. Smoked on a pit for 8 hrs at about 250-275dg turns out good, but definitely going to try your idea soon.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Hunting Photos”