Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby Richbirdhunter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.


swilkes
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:13 pm
Location: wichita fallls

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby swilkes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.


Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.


Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby Richbirdhunter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 pm

swilkes wrote:Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.


Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.



For Lewisville you need a pass that was given out months ago, but if you want to go the pass is good for 2.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.


swilkes
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:13 pm
Location: wichita fallls

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby swilkes » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 am

Richbirdhunter wrote:
swilkes wrote:Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.


Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.



For Lewisville you need a pass that was given out months ago, but if you want to go the pass is good for 2.
. I️ just might take you up on the offer. It will be after the split I️ am sure.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 5065
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby puma guy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 am

Since the topic header is Hunting Photos I thought pictures were prerequisite. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby oljames3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Richbirdhunter wrote:Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.

I've never been duck hunting. I thought you weren't supposed to shoot the wooden decoy ducks.


:biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby Richbirdhunter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:22 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:Took my first trip out today, got 2 wood ducks and a blue wing teal. Not too bad for a warm day.

I've never been duck hunting. I thought you weren't supposed to shoot the wooden decoy ducks.


:biggrinjester:



It’s a lot easier, did you know that real ducks fly!!?? That makes it really hard
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.


Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Re: Went duck hunting on Lake Lewisville

Postby Richbirdhunter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm

swilkes wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
swilkes wrote:Sounds like a great morning. And I bet not near as much pressure.


Being a duck hunter my self, and a member of another forum where others get mad about lake naming. But it might not be a big deal on this forum. It don’t bother me since I️ don’t hunt any lakes around dfw.



For Lewisville you need a pass that was given out months ago, but if you want to go the pass is good for 2.
. I️ just might take you up on the offer. It will be after the split I️ am sure.


I’d be happy to go out, bring your license, waders, shotgun and ammo.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.


Return to “Hunting Photos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests