Planning has started for this year's event

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Planning has started for this year's event

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Okay folks, we need to get an idea how many people are planning to come to this year's event. Unless plans change, the 2008 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC will be held on Saturday, September 27th, in lieu of our regular monthly PSC-IDPA match. We'll be incorporating some of the suggested changes and additions last year's participants gave us and we have a few of our own.

This year will also see some entirely new seminars and shooting clinics, but we will continue to offer our basis shooting skills clinics. Another change we are considering for this year is doing away with the catered lunch and letting people decide how and when they want to eat. This has proven problematic the last two years and it also was the primary reason we had to charge a $15 fee last year. It's early yet and this could change, but at this point the only fee will be the $6 non-member fee PSC Shooting Club, Inc. charges for all non-members shooting at the range.

If you think you'll be joining us in September, please post in this thread and tell us how many people will be coming with you. This will help us in early planning of events and equipment needed.

Also, please let us know if you would be interested in some form of social gathering on Friday evening Sept. 26th. We don't know what that will be, but before we start scratching heads to come up with something, I want to see if anyone is going to be there! I'm also considering offering a CHL renewal class starting at 6:00 pm Friday evening, but that one is a long shot. There would be a fee for that class.

Let us hear from you folks!
Chas.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Planning has started for this year's event

Post by seamusTX »

Two definite. The only thing that will keep us away is a hurricane.

I like the on-site lunch. There aren't any places to eat close to PSC, and by the time people argue about where to go and who's driving, a lot of time is wasted.

Please don't worry about the cost. I would attend this event if it cost $100.

- Jim

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Seeing as how I will be way into some new responsibilities wih MINIMAL travel by then, yes, I will attend. Go ahead and sign Mrs. Anygun up too.

Not sure about the Friday night stuff. I will have my people call your people.

Finally. Anygun does his happy dance.

:anamatedbanana

Anygun.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I will be there. it was a great event last year.

and what Seamus said.
The food was great last year. well organized, and the event would well worth it at much much more.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I WILL be there this year. Already got vacation time set. I will bring 1 for sure and maybe 2
Last edited by RPBrown on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I've put it on my calender and will keep my fingers crossed. Maybe, this year.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

Friday night is a yes here. I am in again with 3.
Lunch at leasure is good w/ me cause Mom packs a GOOD picnic basket.
On site is fine too.
LT
Last edited by longtooth on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jbirds1210 »

Kimberly and I will be there. We would be interested in a social even the evening before. Any chance we get to visit with you folks is wonderful.

Kelly's restaurant is just around the corner from the range and I bet a seating arrangment could be made with them if there was enough advance notice.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

DMG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DMG »

God willing and if the creeks do not rise, Patty and I will be there this year! Jason, a Friday nite get-together sounds like fun; count us in. DMG.

Xander
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Xander »

I'm in! It was a great time last year, and I'm looking forward to it again. :txflag:

Piney

Post by Piney »

We've got it on the calendar-- put us down for two. :woohoo

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Assuming I don't have to work that day (always a dangerous assumption this far in advance), my wife and I should be there, possibly +1.

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

"Signs point to yes."

I don't need a renewal class yet, but if I don't find a convenient Utah class before September that's something I'd be interested in doing.

Friday night social thing sounds good as well, provided it's neither 51% nor 30.06 posted. "rlol"

Snake Doctor

Post by Snake Doctor »

I don't know about what all goes on at this event; Could someone tell us rookies more about it? Are there any photos on this site from years past? Do any young people attend? Two of my three closest friends have Texas CHLs and would tag along if this looks like a good event for us. Thanks for any thoughts.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 10

Post by seamusTX »

It looks like all the material from last year has been canned.

OK, it a few words, it's an all-day event at PSC Range in Friendswood. There are 20 or so classes on CHL-related topics, both classroom and shooting. There are some shooting opportunities you don't get often, like the Texas Star and other moving target.

The fellowship is great, too. About 100 people attended last year and no one complained even behind Charles's back.

I have never been to anything else like it.

A few kids attended last year. As long as they're well-behaved, I don't think there are any specific rules for kids.

- Jim

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”