Find The Gun For You

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Find The Gun For You

Post by GlockenHammer »

Charles mentioned that tentatively we'll try to have an opportunity to try out other guns. This is a fantastic opportunity because it can get very expensive to buy a gun only to find out that it doesn't fit you when fired or the recoil isn't what you expected. The point of this thread is to collect offers from folks with guns they might be willing to let others try out and requests for guns they'd like to try.

WANTED to SHOOT:
* Walther PPS 9mm (for Chopped Liver)
* S&W M&P .45
* XD(M) 9mm, 40, .45

WILLING to LOAN:
* Glock 19 9mm
* Glock 23 .40 (with TFO sights--by appt. only since I'll be carrying it during the day)
* S&W M&P 9mm
* S&W M&P 9mm (with [abbreviated profanity deleted] front sight and trigger job)
* S&W M&P .40 (with [abbreviated profanity deleted] front sight and Burwell trigger job)
* Walther P22

Remember, it's not a sure thing yet...

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Find The Gun For You

Post by longtooth »

G&H,
What will be the deal on ammo?
Add that I will be willing to loan
Kimber Pro CDP, SA 1911A1,
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Actually, because of a very generous offer by a friend of Steve's, it is a go.

Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

We talked about ammo last yr. What is going to be the deal there?
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I can bring a S&W 642, S&W 360 Titanium, and Kimber Ultra Carry II. I will have my KImber CDP with me. I also have two Kel-Tec P3ATs although if someone brings a Ruger LCP no one may want to shoot the Kel-Tecs.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I want to shoot a desert eagle.....one of the big ones! I have never had the opportunity. I would be more than willing to pay the price for a few rounds to get the experience.

I have a few guns I could bring out to loan....nothing super unique. I do think people would have a blast with a couple of my wheelguns.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

GlockenHammer wrote:* Glock 23 .40 (with TFO sights--by appt. only since I'll be carrying it during the day)
Wow....most of the guys out there will just hand you their old 1911...no appointment necessary. Hmmmm Chas.....what's going on?

:mrgreen:

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

anygunanywhere wrote:I can bring a S&W 642, S&W 360 Titanium, and Kimber Ultra Carry II. I will have my KImber CDP with me. I also have two Kel-Tec P3ATs although if someone brings a Ruger LCP no one may want to shoot the Kel-Tecs.

Anygunanywhere
I'll have my LCP there as well as my Hi-Power. I'd be willing to let some folks shoot them if they are curious.

I anticipate having a RIA Tactical by the time September rolls around, though they seem to be much more plentiful on this board.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

longtooth wrote:G&H,
What will be the deal on ammo?
Add that I will be willing to loan
Kimber Pro CDP, SA 1911A1,
Logistics is always one of the toughest questions on this activity. For ammo, I recommend that each person buy some factory ammo for whatever calibers they plan to shoot. I'll work with Charles on the logistics and post in another thread. I was thinking this thread could be just about the guns.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

GlockenHammer wrote:Logistics is always one of the toughest questions on this activity. For ammo, I recommend that each person buy some factory ammo for whatever calibers they plan to shoot. I'll work with Charles on the logistics and post in another thread. I was thinking this thread could be just about the guns.
Sounds reasonable.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

I would specify not to purchase any steel cased ammunition to be shot in someone else's gun.

They may not allow it.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

longtooth wrote:We talked about ammo last yr. What is going to be the deal there?
Steve has a friend in the ammo business. She told him to just load up a bunch, sell it at the event, then bring her the money and any unsold ammo. That's a very nice lady!

My guess that we will have only the "big three," .45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9mm Luger. They may or may not have 38 Special or .357 Mag. I would be surprised if they have .380, 9x18, .50 DE, or any other less common ammo. Steve would have much better input.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

If anyone wants to shoot my S&W 360 titanium with .357 mag self defense ammo I will even bring the ammo. I want to see this. I have done it once and did not like it at all.

.38 Spec +P is a handfull.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:If anyone wants to shoot my S&W 360 titanium with .357 mag self defense ammo I will even bring the ammo. I want to see this. I have done it once and did not like it at all. .38 Spec +P is a handfull. Anygunanywhere
I am a revolver fan. The S&W 360 is on my list of one that I would like to try. I would also like to try a S&W Model 60LS. I plan to bring my Colt Detective Special and Python.
NRA Endowment Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

It's been a lot of years since I shot a revolver, and I've been thinking for a while that I need to become at least a bit of a wheelgunner. ;-) So I'd like to shoot a few different revolvers; not picky what...though not really interested in hunting handguns like .454 or .500 Mag.

Depending on what's volunteered and what's needed, I could bring an XD .45 Service, XD 9mm Tactical, Glock 35, Glock 27; maybe others depending on the final list.

To protect jbirds' sensibilities, not volunteering any 1911s right now... :smilelol5:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”