Defensive Shotgun 3/11/2017

This section is ONLY for instructors posting classes in compliance with Rule 14. Please do not post questions or reviews, or announcements of classes that you are not teaching.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Scott B.

Defensive Shotgun 3/11/2017

Postby Scott B. » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm late in posting this one, but if you're looking for a chance to run your defensive shotgun this for you. Registration link isn't currently working, but if you need extra details go here: http://blackwoodgunclub.com/calendar.asp (hit the academy tab to filter out the rest).

What: Defensive Shotgun
When: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 8 AM to Noon.
Where: Blackwood Gun Club, Conroe, TX, 11400 FM 2854 Rd. Meet at the classroom, that's the double door temporary building to the left of the main building. Immediately left of the public rifle range.
What: Students will learn how to handle a shotgun as a defensive tool. Shooting is done at ranges from 10 to 90 yards. Most will be well inside 30 yards.

Cost: $60

Requirements:

Serviceable pump or semi-auto shotgun
Ammunition management device (pockets can be used but the student will be better served with a shot shell holder that is carried on their belt or a side-saddle device mounted on their gun). Shell bag will work fine.
Sling (two point sling preferred) - if you don't have one that's not a deal breaker, but it helps
Eye and hearing protection (Double hearing protection recommended)
100 rounds of 7.5 or smaller bird shot, 20 buckshot and 20 slugs
Appropriate clothing and footwear

This is a great class for figuring out what works and what doesn't work. People have a lot of assumptions about their 'defensive' shotguns. I encourage you to put it and yourself to the test.

Hope to see you out there. :txflag:
LTC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, RSO, Life Member. FFL 07/02 SOT.
My Texas Rep (Gary Elkins, D135) never got back to me about HB560.

Return to “Basic & Advanced Training (Non-CHL)”