Paul Howe Video - CSAT 100-7 Rifle Drill

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Paul Howe Video - CSAT 100-7 Rifle Drill

Post by Rafe »

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paul Howe Video - CSAT 100-7 Rifle Drill

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I watched this the other day. I can do all of it……except the running part. If I have to run, I guess I’ll just go home to Jesus. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

It's a great drill! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:24 pm I watched this the other day. I can do all of it……except the running part. If I have to run, I guess I’ll just go home to Jesus. :mrgreen:
One of the forum members we don't see much anymore, a great guy named G.C. Montgomery, told me years ago about a Paul Howe rifle course he took in Nacogdoches. Evidently Howe's property includes part of one of the small mountain peaks in Nacogdoches County. He said some of the drills included not just running, but running full-out uphill. I just nodded and silently told myself to make sure I never took a course that required me to run uphill. Maybe when I was 25, but my time machine broke sometime in the late '80s. And getting paramedics up the side of a remote hill quickly just wouldn't happen. :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Good video, I watched it earlier in the week. I did some carbine training with Paladin this past Saturday and ran through some of Howe's standards. Some good stuff right there. I didn't make all of the standards but learned things I need to work on now.

Another great Paul Howe video. I see a lot of the same things that Paladin ran me through with Howe running it with a pistol.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Paul Howe's Pistol Standards are GREAT! They are also a part of my system, with the difference that I allow low ready starting position.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:39 pm Paul Howe's Pistol Standards are GREAT! They are also a part of my system, with the difference that I allow low ready starting position.
I can certainly attest to Paul Howe's standards. After watching many of his video's and what you have run me through, they are solid and require sound fundamentals and skills, i.e. this is not a beginning class. If anyone in the DFW area is looking to test their skills but can't make it to CSAT, drop Paladin a message.

Return to “Books & Videos”