Book Review - Term Limits

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tarkus
Posts in topic: 1

Book Review - Term Limits

Post by tarkus »

Term Limits is a novel by Vince Flynn http://www.amazon.com/Term-Limits-Vince ... 0671023187

It's a heart warming tale of a group of veterans whose personal tragedy spurs them to take action to save the country. The writing is crisp and the plot moves at a brisk pace. It's a real page turner and a good book to read on the plane if you're flying to visit family over the holidays.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

AggieMM

Re: Book Review - Term Limits

Post by AggieMM »

+1 for Vince Flynn, he is a great author.

Ryan

EdGlaze

Post by EdGlaze »

In early 2004 I read and really enjoyed TERM LIMITS by Vince Flynn. I have since read all his other books though the rest weren't quite as politically incorrect.

In it some activists decided to stop the legislators from breaking promises, deficit spending, and partisan politics. How they did it was by strategic assassination, not only as punishment but as a warning. This book is making more sense all the time as I watch the Bush administration increase the national debt while it implements its pro-growth, pro-war, pro-corporation, anti-woman, anti-environment, and pro-religion policies.

Book Description — TERM LIMITS
Taking America back...one politician at a time

In a night of shattering brutality, three of Washington's most powerful and unscrupulous politicians have been executed with surgical precision. Their assassins, vanishing without a trace, have delivered a shocking ultimatum to the leaders of the American government: set aside petty, partisan politics and restore power to the people, or be held to deadly account. No one, they warn, is out of their reach — not even the president. A joint FBI-CIA task force reveals that the killers are elite military commandos, but no one knows exactly who they are or when they will strike next. Only Michael O'Rourke, a former U.S. Marine and freshman congressman, holds a clue to the violence: a haunting incident in his own past with explosive implications for his country's future…. In a tour de force of action and suspense, Vince Flynn takes the ultimate American ideal — a government of the people — to a devastating extreme.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Vince Flynn has 10 books and all are good. Here is a web site about him and his books http://www.thethirdoption.net/smf/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there are a few links to interviews with him and I found it interesting that in one interview with Bill O'Reilly, he askes Vince about his research of Iran http://www.thethirdoption.net/smf/media/O'Reilly07.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As you can tell I'm a big fan, I liked "Consent to Kill".

idrathernot

Post by idrathernot »

Term Limits was a very solid novel. I'd highly recommend it. Kindle version is available for pretty cheap.

Return to “Books & Videos”