Of Carnivores and Cavalrymen

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Of Carnivores and Cavalrymen

Post by OldCannon »

Interesting blog post (http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/08 ... avalrymen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) about a first-hand account of the Battle of Little Big Horn. While well-known in American history as one of the greatest (and fatal) tactical blunders of that century's rock-star-pretty-boy, Gen. George Custer, this account is a rare point-of-view story told by one that was there. I've already ordered my copy of the book. I'll follow up with a review once I'm finished! (Chris Hernandez also goes into some thoughts about "Carnivore", a currently-popular book that I refuse to read for the same reasons Chris lists).

Some of you by now are familiar with Chris' book, "Proof Of Our Resolve." Chris is one of those rare gems: Texan, Veteran, Law Enforcement, and somebody that can write worth a darn. :lol:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Murindo

Re: Of Carnivores and Cavalrymen

Post by Murindo »

Thanks for sharing the link

Oldgringo

Re: Of Carnivores and Cavalrymen

Post by Oldgringo »

We went through Little Big Horn on our way up to Flathead Lake year before last. We arrived just before the retired History Professor turned NP Ranger began his presentation of the events leading up to and the battle itself. This was in April and the adult audience was kept spellbound for a good 45 minutes. Excellent!

"A Terrible Glory" by James Donovan is an excellent, well documented read of that fateful day in June of 1876. James Donovan also wrote, "The Blood of Heroes", an excellent book about the Alamo.

Return to “Books & Videos”