My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
CaptKirk
Posts in topic: 7

My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

Post by CaptKirk »

My first video. It shows the basic EDC I use every day and hopefully yall can get some sort of info out of it. Thanks!
Hopefully this is allowed, if not please feel free to let me know and I will delete this post.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Good video
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

Richbirdhunter wrote:Good video
Thanks buddy! I'll be making more in the future so anybody who wants to subscribe for more make sure to click that button to stay updated!

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Good stuff, man

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Great post for minimalist like myself. I almost went to check to see if my Leatherman super tool 200 was missing when I saw yours on the the table. My EDC is very similar but I carry a Buck vantage knife.like me your EDC won't take you through 72 hours in the wilderness but will get you home or out of a tight spot. I'm constantly surprised by how often I have to loan someone one or more of the items that I would never leave home without.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

Jusme wrote:Great post for minimalist like myself. I almost went to check to see if my Leatherman super tool 200 was missing when I saw yours on the the table. My EDC is very similar but I carry a Buck vantage knife.like me your EDC won't take you through 72 hours in the wilderness but will get you home or out of a tight spot. I'm constantly surprised by how often I have to loan someone one or more of the items that I would never leave home without.
Exactly. There have been so many people on youtube that post videos with a 1000+ dollar loadout for EDC when the most "operating" they do is drinking starbucks.

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

Excellent! You have a good drawl going there, too. Not un pleasing to listen to.

Topic author
CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

Breny414 wrote:Excellent! You have a good drawl going there, too. Not un pleasing to listen to.
Thanks! Ill be making more videos as time goes by. Ill probably end up making 1 or two per week depending on how much content I can think of.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Nice! I like the cheapskate approach. I do want to get a small light like that.

The one time i tried to wear a glasses keeper, I forgot they were there, rolled over onto them, and smashed my glasses. :banghead:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.

Topic author
CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

WTR wrote:Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.
The reason I like the inkjoy is because I can write much better cursive (which is my main form of writing).

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

CaptKirk wrote:
WTR wrote:Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.
The reason I like the inkjoy is because I can write much better cursive (which is my main form of writing).

Writing is the secondary reason I carry a pen. It also makes a lethal weapon and the airlines allow them. Zebra does make a roller ball or jell tip that writes nicely.. I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.

Topic author
CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk »

WTR wrote:
CaptKirk wrote:

Writing is the secondary reason I carry a pen. It also makes a lethal weapon and the airlines allow them. Zebra does make a roller ball or jell tip that writes nicely.. I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.
My 86 year old grandmother taught me when I was younger. The schools don't even try anymore. It's a shame. Notes are much faster and it looks much better than print when done nicely
On a side note I have never flown so I didn't think about that. That's a pretty good reason!

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

CaptKirk wrote:
WTR wrote:
I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.
My 86 year old grandmother taught me when I was younger. The schools don't even try anymore. It's a shame. Notes are much faster and it looks much better than print when done nicely
On a side note I have never flown so I didn't think about that. That's a pretty good reason!
Believe it or not, cursive is the only writing that they're teaching my daughter in 2nd grade. Even though I don't use it myself, I'm glad to see them doing it at her school.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

• On my person:
    • Gun. 80% of the time, a G17. 20% of the time, a G43.
    • 1 spare magazine for either gun.
    • Noyfe. Most of the time, a Kershaw Ken Onion designed Tanto Blur. I have other smaller noyfe's for when the situation demands it, and a couple of bigger ones too. But most of the time, it's the Tanto Blue.
    • Light. A Fenix PD35.
  • In my EDC bag:
    • Multi-tool. A Leatherman MUT.
    • Two 20 oz bottles of hydration....usually Sobe Water.
    • A bag of beef jerky....Dan's Smokehouse Jerky - the best on the planet.
    • A backup pair of reading glasses.
    • iPad
    • Pen and Journal.
    • Either a small pair of cheap binoculars, or a Vortex 15X Recon R/T monocular.... depending on circumstances.
    • First aid kit.
    • Spare magazines for whatever gun I'm carrying, IF I think it necessary.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Books & Videos”