Liberty's Last Stand by Stephen Coonts

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Liberty's Last Stand by Stephen Coonts

Post by joe817 »

The setting is the present here and now U.S.A. A book about a 2 term president(sound familiar?), faced with the exact same sentiment we have for our current incumbent President. He yearns to keep being President at all costs. His yearning comes true.

Two ISIS inspired terrorist attacks kills many civilians, while the open border policy allows drugs and illegal immigrants to flow from Mexico into the U.S. like a river(sound familiar?) He sees the opportunity to keep in the presidency and seizes it. He declares martial law, starts rounding up his opponents and labels them as traitors. He suspends Congress till further notice, suspends the Constitution, begins confiscation of all private ownership of firearms.

The FEMA concentration camps starts filling up. The Director of the CIA is thrown into one. Jade Helm 15 is activated. It is no longer an "exercise". It is reality.

Texas rebels and the Governor of Texas calls for a secession in a special session of the Legislature, and it is approved overwhelmingly.

I'm about 80% through the book, and it is chilling about the accounts described in the book, as are the topics we discuss here on the forum every day. It's cheesy in some places and downright scary in others.

It was just released this past June 16. I bought the Kindle version on Amazon for $0,99. A deal I couldn't pass up.

Last edited by joe817 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Liberty's Last Stand by Stephen Coonts

Post by bblhd672 »

Thanks - just purchased Kindle version, but not for 99 cents unfortunately.

Completed the 299 Days series last week - it also sounds all too familiar.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Scary story! Reading now, about 1/2 way.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

done read it.

sure sounds current...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just started reading People's Republic, by Kurt Schlichter
America’s growing political and cultural divisions have finally split the United States apart. Now, as the former blue states begin to collapse under the dead weight of their politically correct tyranny, a lethal operative haunted by his violent past undertakes one last mission to infiltrate and take out his target in the nightmarish city of Los Angeles, deep in the heart of the People’s Republic of North America.
I was expecting something maybe not as well written......don't know why.....but it is turning out to be a pretty good read.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I just started reading People's Republic, by Kurt Schlichter
America’s growing political and cultural divisions have finally split the United States apart. Now, as the former blue states begin to collapse under the dead weight of their politically correct tyranny, a lethal operative haunted by his violent past undertakes one last mission to infiltrate and take out his target in the nightmarish city of Los Angeles, deep in the heart of the People’s Republic of North America.
I was expecting something maybe not as well written......don't know why.....but it is turning out to be a pretty good read.
I just finished "People's Republic" - good book. Hope Schlichter will write additional books making it a series.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I just started reading People's Republic, by Kurt Schlichter
I just finished "People's Republic" - good book. Hope Schlichter will write additional books making it a series.
Interestingly, Schlichter writes columns for the same law journal and law magazine that I used to work for. And, he graduated from Loyola Marymount Law 4 years ahead of one of my best friends in California. Small world.........
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

bblhd672 wrote:I just finished "People's Republic" - good book. Hope Schlichter will write additional books making it a series.
If anybody hasn't read it yet, it's good rainy weekend reading.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

The Annoyed Man

I've just finished reading the two sequels to "One Second After", titled "One Year After", and "The Final Day". If you read and liked the first book, you'll most like.y enjoy the sequels. The 3rd book kind of wraps things up.

About to start "Liberty"s Last Stand".

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've just finished reading the two sequels to "One Second After", titled "One Year After", and "The Final Day". If you read and liked the first book, you'll most like.y enjoy the sequels. The 3rd book kind of wraps things up.

Just started "The Final Day."

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Interesting commentary by the author of Liberty's Last Stand:
http://www.coonts.com/blogs/stephen-coo ... last-stand
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

joe817 wrote:The setting is the present here and now U.S.A. A book about a 2 term president(sound familiar?), faced with the exact same sentiment we have for our current incumbent President. He yearns to keep being President at all costs. His yearning comes true.

Two ISIS inspired terrorist attacks kills many civilians, while the open border policy allows drugs and illegal immigrants to flow from Mexico into the U.S. like a river(sound familiar?) He sees the opportunity to keep in the presidency and seizes it. He declares martial law, starts rounding up his opponents and labels them as traitors. He suspends Congress till further notice, suspends the Constitution, begins confiscation of all private ownership of firearms.

The FEMA concentration camps starts filling up. The Director of the CIA is thrown into one. Jade Helm 15 is activated. It is no longer an "exercise". It is reality.

Texas rebels and the Governor of Texas calls for a secession in a special session of the Legislature, and it is approved overwhelmingly.

I'm about 80% through the book, and it is chilling about the accounts described in the book, as are the topics we discuss here on the forum every day. It's cheesy in some places and downright scary in others.

It was just released this past June 16. I bought the Kindle version on Amazon for $0,99. A deal I couldn't pass up.

Sounds pretty good and I'll have to add it to my list.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've just finished reading the two sequels to "One Second After", titled "One Year After", and "The Final Day". If you read and liked the first book, you'll most like.y enjoy the sequels. The 3rd book kind of wraps things up.

I've read One Second After but not One Year After or The Final Day. First back was excellent and really made me thinking about a lot of things including my personal health among other things. I'm not a prepper but it really made me rethink that as well.

Return to “Books & Videos”