Stick-On Bifocals to Cure Fuzzy Front Sights

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

cheezit

Re: Stick-On Bifocals to Cure Fuzzy Front Sights

Postby cheezit » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:55 am

At leat the spamer had a positive effect. Never saw this thread before. Good info.

howdy

Postby howdy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:39 pm

I too started wearing cheaters in my mid forties. I currently have 20/20 far vision and wear 2.00 glasses for reading. I have a pair of 1.00 full frame cheaters like this: http://www.readers.com/full-frame-readi ... es.html?sc[Power][]=362&sort=orderby&page=1 I wear these while I am shooting and the front sight is very clear and the bulls-eye at 25 yards is just a little fuzzy.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Endowment Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979
Paramedic

RJGold

Postby RJGold » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:57 pm

I recognize this is an old topic that has been revised.

I plan to try some of these stick ons with my shooting glasses but it started me thinking that I want to practice the way I am most often rigged out in terms of glasses. I use cheaters to read like many others who are beyond 40. If I think about waking up at night and grabbing my weapon in response to a threat or responding to a threat when I am carrying during the day, I am not likely to be wearing cheaters nor am I likely to put them on prior to responding. When I shoot with my shooting glasses and no cheaters, my sights are blurry and the target is clear. I still manage to put "warhead on forehead" (speaking metaphorically of course).

My point is that even though these may improve my hunting or scoring in competition scenarios, I shouldn't get used to them in defense situations.

My two cents.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Return to “"How To" Tips”