FILLING IN THE ENGRAVINGS.

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FILLING IN THE ENGRAVINGS.

Post by RossA »

Are these carry guns that y'all are doing these mods to? If so, I wonder how well the paint, wax, etc. holds up to holster wear?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

RossA wrote:Are these carry guns that y'all are doing these mods to? If so, I wonder how well the paint, wax, etc. holds up to holster wear?
I did it on my previous carry gun, XD9SC and it held pretty well. I used white nail polish and I did it maybe 3 years ago and it is still on there..
-jchan

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Enamel (Testors) paint works very nicely too, but you have to make sure you clean the surface with acetone/etc and make sure it's dry before applying.

Me though, I've used Crayon on my Glocks. It holds up nicely and it's VERY easy to reapply. I once got a large box and did every letter in a different color. I was living in Washington, snowed in at home, and had no power for 5 days. I was bored. :lol:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

I'm intrigued. Not sure if I will do it, but it does look nice.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

OSCAR E

Post by OSCAR E »

I used Red nail polish on top and on the bottom I used these stickers I got on Ebay, use nail polis remover non acetone to remove excess polish

Attachments
xdm.jpg

JayStation3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JayStation3 »

I used a red paint pen on my PT111 G2 & a white paint pen on my m&p. .. both look great, especially the red. Lasts long and removes easily with nail polish remover, non acetone of course.
1455851113602247185369.jpg
14558510697911322859154.jpg
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

JayStation3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JayStation3 »

RossA wrote:Are these carry guns that y'all are doing these mods to? If so, I wonder how well the paint, wax, etc. holds up to holster wear?
Although I just got my plastic yesterday I carried on my person while at home and always took my gun with me where ever I went, I just kept it in the car. I also go shooting twice a week. I have only painted mine once and that was back in early 2015. Still looks great.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

You can buy two or more colors of nail polish and mix them for a more customized look. I bought the polish, non acetone and other stuff months ago to color the roll markings on my M&P Shield and never done it yet.

Return to “"How To" Tips”