Midway's video tutorials

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Midway's video tutorials

Post by LedJedi »

For those of you who haven't seen then, Midway has a great youtube page with over 90 how-to videos on the topic of gunsmithing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MidwayUSA

I could watch these videos all day... well, actually i have!

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Midway's video tutorials

Post by lrb111 »

Now that's cool. They maybe on Midways site somewherm, but having them all accessible is neat. Thanks!!
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

sskimber

Post by sskimber »

Thank you for posting the link, I never would have thought to look to youtube for gunsmith instruction.

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

sskimber wrote:Thank you for posting the link, I never would have thought to look to youtube for gunsmith instruction.
Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal. (I will occasionally jay walk or perhaps exceed the speed limit so I can't say "never do anything illegal") But, I like the idea of knowing how to do it. I chalk it up to odd things that are interesting topics of conversation. I know essentially how to mummify a body from watching the History Channel or how to kill someone without a trace with a tennis ball (learned that one from an inmate while on the job. I was always polite to that guy after that...). Doesn't mean I'd ever do it though, or even share that knowledge in an irresponsible way. It's just interesting to know.

Note: home brewing is absolutely legal and I enjoy teaching classes on the subject almost as much as I enjoy sampling it :)

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

bryang

Post by bryang »

Thanks for posting the site...there is no end to what you can find on youtube.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

LedJedi wrote:Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

There was one a while back I saw that showed you how to make a particular assault rifle fully automatic with nothing but a rubber band. Don't think i bookmarked that one though.

You would be AMAZED at what you can find on youtube. Heck I even have videos up showing you how to make wine with fruit juice, yeast and ummm a protective latex barrier.

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal.
Making wine is perfectly legal. ;-)

tetralaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tetralaw »

I ran across some of Midway's video's a few months ago and enjoyed them. Very informative and easy to watch, especially if you're not that familiar with gunsmithing.

As far as youtube goes. If I'm doing research on anything, it's one of the first places I go. I like to watch other people disassemble a gun, or change a timing belt. I'll especially pay attention to the firearms if I'm interested in getting a gun, and want to know any tricks or tips for disassembly.
There is a lot of wasted time that can go into it, I'll end up watching the huge guy that bump fires the glock or something useless.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

KBCraig wrote:
LedJedi wrote:Oh man... you wouldn't believe what's on youtube. The other day i found a video (several actually) that teach you how to make a silencer (suppressor to be precise).

Now before someone gets their tighty whities in bunch: I would ever make or do something that's THAT illegal.
But not while carrying. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

tetralaw

Post by tetralaw »

WildBill wrote:
KBCraig wrote:

But not while carrying. :mrgreen:
I don't think anyone has intentions of making wine in Walmart, or on the way to work, at the mall or most other places carrying would be happening. I don't carry at home but it's never too far.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

For those of you into reloading, check out http://www.youtube.com/ammosmith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

tetralaw

Post by tetralaw »

YES! I watched some of his videos the other day. I'm going to be getting into reloading and was checking out his annealing process.

Return to “"How To" Tips”