Kahr takedown tool !!!!

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Kahr takedown tool !!!!

Post by AEA »

This is an old thread. I don't have my Kahr anymore and I don't have the picture either! :smilelol5:

For clarification, what I did was put a orange plastic wire cap in the ejection port and let the slide close on it. That allowed the correct position for the slide release pin to be tapped out with whatever you want to use.
Helps in re-assembly too!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

LikesShinyThings
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Thanks for the bump. I read this before, and forgot about it. I really need to grab my Kahr out and try this. I've tried the one-handed "cup" method, but my take-down pin is WAY too stiff for easy removal yet.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've had no problem disassembling either of our Kahrs, using the "right-handed method," and I'm left handed. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not that hard.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've had no problem disassembling either of our Kahrs, using the "right-handed method," and I'm left handed. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not that hard.
Well, start with I have "sensitive wimpy" fingers, that hurt with the least bit of pressure (ok, maybe not the least pressure). Then add a take down pin that refuses to budge without hard sharp rap from something solid.... at least in my case.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Murindo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Murindo »

Great ideas to try out on my MP9. Thanks!

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

LikesShinyThings wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I've had no problem disassembling either of our Kahrs, using the "right-handed method," and I'm left handed. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not that hard.
Well, start with I have "sensitive wimpy" fingers, that hurt with the least bit of pressure (ok, maybe not the least pressure). Then add a take down pin that refuses to budge without hard sharp rap from something solid.... at least in my case.
The pin on the slide release lever is stiff when the gun is new, but there's an easy solution: Use any piece of hard plastic (e.g. the plastic handle on a small screwdriver) to push on it to get it started (with the takedown marks on the slide and frame aligned) and pull the lever out. You may have to wiggle it a bit, but it comes out fairly easily.

Removal gets much easier after several range sessions followed by cleaning.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “"How To" Tips”