How to Fix the Board Time

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Crossfire
Posts in topic: 4

How to Fix the Board Time

Post by Crossfire »

For all you newbies, and for us "seasoned" ones here who can't remember... if you have daylight savings time enabled on the board, it won't just fix itself.

You need to go to User Control Panel (top rh corner), then board preferences (on the left), then select "NO" in Summer Time/DST is in Effect.

Then you can officially kiss summer goodbye, and your board time will be correct again.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How to Fix the Board Time

Post by longtooth »

Got it. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

I wish it were that easy to reset my dogs' internal clocks. They were up and ready to go out at the regular time. I didn't get to take advantage of trying to catch an extra hour of zzz's this morning!

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I worked last night...so....got to stay there longer than usual. Then caught a burglar/car theif at shift change and had to stay even later (insult to injury IMO).
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

gigag04 wrote:I worked last night...so....got to stay there longer than usual. Then caught a burglar/car theif at shift change and had to stay even later (insult to injury IMO).
Is there a charge for missed sleep? The thief should pay for your overtime! :biggrinjester:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

Ameer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ameer »

What's the point in ending "summer time" in November? Let's keep it year round at this point.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Ameer wrote:What's the point in ending "summer time" in November? Let's keep it year round at this point.
Back in the 70's they tried leaving DST active one winter. It cost the country millions, if not billions, of dollars in extra energy consumption.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Somehow, I just don't see how taking an hour of daylight from one end of the day and tacking it onto the other end makes any difference whatsoever in energy consumption, no matter what studies from the '70s may have shown. Studies can show whatever you want them to, depending on how you interpret the data.

Benjamin Franklin may have had some bright ideas, but this was not one of them! Leave my clocks alone. Time change annoys the bejeebers out of me!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

It wasn't a study, it was a result.

Businesses and homeowners typically lowered their thermostats at night to lower heating costs. Remember, this was during the first "energy crisis".

Having to begin raising the temperature an hour earlier, with the sun's warming rays also delayed by an hour, cost money. There's more to it than that, but it's the most obvious example. I don't claim to understand any of it. It is what it is.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Crossfire wrote:Somehow, I just don't see how taking an hour of daylight from one end of the day and tacking it onto the other end makes any difference whatsoever in energy consumption, no matter what studies from the '70s may have shown. Studies can show whatever you want them to, depending on how you interpret the data.

Benjamin Franklin may have had some bright ideas, but this was not one of them! Leave my clocks alone. Time change annoys the bejeebers out of me!
Let's take a play out of the leftist playbook.... According to Einstein, time is relative anyway. Therefore your time doesn't work for me. I believe in my own time. Why should some faceless bureaucrat in D.C. decide for me what time it is? I think a 26 hour day would be perfect - an extra hour of sleep at either end. And speaking of hours, wouldn't a 50 second minute, and a 50 minute hour make more sense?

:evil2:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

The sun waits for no man, not even Jimmy Carter.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Let's take a play out of the leftist playbook.... According to Einstein, time is relative anyway. Therefore your time doesn't work for me. I believe in my own time. Why should some faceless bureaucrat in D.C. decide for me what time it is? I think a 26 hour day would be perfect - an extra hour of sleep at either end. And speaking of hours, wouldn't a 50 second minute, and a 50 minute hour make more sense?
Well, if your hours are only 50 minutes long, then it would take at least 26 of them for the sun to make it all the way back around!

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Pawpaw wrote:It wasn't a study, it was a result.

Businesses and homeowners typically lowered their thermostats at night to lower heating costs. Remember, this was during the first "energy crisis".

Having to begin raising the temperature an hour earlier, with the sun's warming rays also delayed by an hour, cost money. There's more to it than that, but it's the most obvious example. I don't claim to understand any of it. It is what it is.
You go ahead and believe what you want, and I will too.

At any rate, this is going off topic, since the subject of this thread was not to debate to worthiness (or worthLESSness of DST), just to tell you how to fix it so your board time would be correct.

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Well now I know why my clock time was always off by an hour. Never chaged it to summer in the first place. :oops:
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Crossfire wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Let's take a play out of the leftist playbook.... According to Einstein, time is relative anyway. Therefore your time doesn't work for me. I believe in my own time. Why should some faceless bureaucrat in D.C. decide for me what time it is? I think a 26 hour day would be perfect - an extra hour of sleep at either end. And speaking of hours, wouldn't a 50 second minute, and a 50 minute hour make more sense?
Well, if your hours are only 50 minutes long, then it would take at least 26 of them for the sun to make it all the way back around!
Dangit! She's onto me! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “"How To" Tips”