POE video camera home system tips

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

rentz
Posts in topic: 2

Re: POE video camera home system tips

Post by rentz »

for anyone interested woot has some refurb shuttle pc's that might work well for one of these systems, though i hate to shell out the money they want for the i7 (old i7's at that)

http://computers.woot.com/plus/shuttle- ... p_cnt_wp_4

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RHenriksen »

rentz wrote:for anyone interested woot has some refurb shuttle pc's that might work well for one of these systems, though i hate to shell out the money they want for the i7 (old i7's at that)

http://computers.woot.com/plus/shuttle- ... p_cnt_wp_4
Great idea, those would be a good solution
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Steve
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steve »

I have an old Panasonic pan and tilt 640x480 IP cam I've been meaning to upgrade to HD. Just like to keep an eye on the pets when I am away. I'll have a look at some of these names that were mentioned here. Are there any particular reasonably priced HD pan and tilt IP cams or should I just stick with a fixed cam?

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

RHenriksen wrote:
GeekwithaGun wrote:thanks for that info RHenricksen - one of the companies i got some quotes from would install those camera's. would like to buy USA products.
Boy, I'm not sure what US manufacturers are available! I'm taking a weekly online class from IPVM, next class starts in 20 minutes. I'll ask them about what US manufacturers are available, if any.

Axis is Swedish, and one of the original IP camera manufacturers. Very good quality, and I wouldn't have the same security concerns about using them. Samsung is a solid mid-tier manufacturer worth looking at.
Avigilon manufactures in the US and Canada. Their US plant is in the DFW metroplex.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “"How To" Tips”