CHL Application

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tait0910
Posts in topic: 1

CHL Application

Post by Tait0910 »

Call me ignorant but I've taken my CHL class an i'm trying to apply but when it comes to the employment part i've only been employed since July 2013 and it wont allow me to continue. I graduated high school in 2014. How can I get past this portion.

infoman

Re: CHL Application

Post by infoman »

You have to list yourself as unemployed for the time missing. Just pick a date more than 5 years back. Example: unemployed 01/01/2010-07/01/2013.

PriestTheRunner

Re: CHL Application

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Tait0910 wrote:Call me ignorant but I've taken my CHL class an i'm trying to apply but when it comes to the employment part i've only been employed since July 2013 and it wont allow me to continue. I graduated high school in 2014. How can I get past this portion.
If it is demanding employment history dating before your first job, you could put in "Student" and list the high school's info as the employer. However... I didn't even put anything in for the wife as she is a SAHM as has been for 5 years and it didn't kick back an issue.

I highly doubt a BG check officer would have any issue with an application that listed "Student", especially if you use the "Any extra notes" section to explain why you put that in there. Pretty confident they are going to pull your school info either way.

Return to “"How To" Tips”