The State of Texas made a mistake? SAY IT AIN't SO!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The State of Texas made a mistake? SAY IT AIN't SO!

Post by mojo84 »

I think this is a great opportunity to do what is demonstrate to your son the value of integrity and character by doing what is right.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

that! is a cool car!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

mojo84 wrote:I think this is a great opportunity to do what is demonstrate to your son the value of integrity and character by doing what is right.

yes! this! :iagree:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
mayor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mayor »

SewTexas wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I think this is a great opportunity to do what is demonstrate to your son the value of integrity and character by doing what is right.

yes! this! :iagree:
I have. He doesn't have is DL and he knows it. We already had an appointment for another driving test. He can't drive without me or mom in the car. I explained that are no telling what can of worms would be opened if something happened.

I want to see the look on DMV faces when he tells them he already has is DL after he passes his test.

The '67 is a cool car and much easier to work on than modern. He wanted something metal, he got something metal. But, alas, it is a sedan :cry:
not the car, but close enough:

android

Post by android »

My daughter is a good parallel parker, so she did OK on that part and passed the first time around.

Her friend just drove right past it and said she wasn't going to do it. They will deduct a few points for skipping it which is better than failing it. If you do OK on the rest of the items, you will pass just fine skipping it altogether.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

mayor wrote:
flechero wrote:I would have had him reschedule for another test, the day he failed the original try. In the interim, he would have mastered parallel parking and likely he would have tested again long before the plastic arrived.... Seems like there are details missing.

But to answer your question straight up- I would not let him drive or hold the license. I might hold it vs destroy it until I talked to DPS.
what details would you like? he was in a '67 ford fairlane, parallel parked, bumped a pole, failed and received his license in the mail yesterday.

he'd already scheduled to retake the driving test. somebody goofed.
It just seemed like a long lag between events without a retest. I don't remember how long it actually took to get my license in the mail but it seems like it was 3-4 weeks... I can't imagine a 16yo waiting that long to retest, thus my question of other details.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

oljames3 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:You don't remember what a 67 Fairlane looked like.
"rlol"
I had a 67 Custom 500 with the 390 interceptor package. Couldn't keep rear tires on it until I put a set of Gates H-70/15 Custom Riverias on it. Then it would only leave an about 18" long patch 10" wide.

Blew the tranny, over revved the engine, broke the pinion shaft to the rear end and bent the driveshaft all in about 2 minutes driving home at spring break in 1972. Scrapped out and replaced it with a 64 Chevelle two door hardtop.
:oops:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Cool car, no question

:thumbs2:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
mayor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mayor »

flechero wrote:
mayor wrote:
flechero wrote:I would have had him reschedule for another test, the day he failed the original try. In the interim, he would have mastered parallel parking and likely he would have tested again long before the plastic arrived.... Seems like there are details missing.

But to answer your question straight up- I would not let him drive or hold the license. I might hold it vs destroy it until I talked to DPS.
what details would you like? he was in a '67 ford fairlane, parallel parked, bumped a pole, failed and received his license in the mail yesterday.

he'd already scheduled to retake the driving test. somebody goofed.
It just seemed like a long lag between events without a retest. I don't remember how long it actually took to get my license in the mail but it seems like it was 3-4 weeks... I can't imagine a 16yo waiting that long to retest, thus my question of other details.
it's been about 3 weeks since he took the driving test. I was surprised myself. It's a scheduling matter for a retest. Can't take off work, can't get out of school. we're 20 miles from a test center.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

I took my youngest daughter on 1/19/2017, and she failed parallel parking completely but still passed the test. She received her license last Tuesday.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

warnmar10 wrote:I took my youngest daughter on 1/19/2017, and she failed parallel parking completely but still passed the test. She received her license last Tuesday.
Makes me think it may be like the LTC class. You don't have to ace every section, you just have to score high enough.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ZMoore0595

Post by ZMoore0595 »

ninjabread wrote:I wonder what status the computer would show if police ran his license.
When LEO runs your license it just shows what your license says with your license status i.e. Suspended, Validity, etc. and your driving record. It doesn't specify a provisional or not. If I could post a copy from my job I would, but that's highly illegal because it has your driving record which is a "criminal history" :lol:

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Flightmare wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:I took my youngest daughter on 1/19/2017, and she failed parallel parking completely but still passed the test. She received her license last Tuesday.
Makes me think it may be like the LTC class. You don't have to ace every section, you just have to score high enough.
Precisely.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

I thought the OP said they started with parallel parking- and stopped the test immediately when he bumped the pole. He must have gotten lots of points driving across the parking lot to the pole!

Return to “Off-Topic”