What do you drink coffee from?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Re: What do you drink coffee from?

Post by Take Down Sicko »

AndyC wrote:Speaking of coffee, this arrived today:

AndyC...Let us know how you like that coffee. Its time for me to make another order. So far i liked Just Black the best.

Take Down Sicko

MrMcCullster wrote:I use either the Thermos Stainless King Tumbler (16 oz) or the Ozark Trail tumblers from Wal-Mart when I'm on the go, and whatever Star Wars mug I can find around the house if I'm staying in.

The Thermos brand is much better about travelling and keeping coffee hot longer, as it has a water-tight valve system lid that you can close off to prevent heat from escaping. It will also allow you to close off the spout and mix in whatever you need to (like fru-fru vanilla stuff that my wife uses it for). The Thermos is a little bit harder to clean, as it has three silicon rings and small part of the lid that needs to be cleaned, but it's much better to drink out of.

I am starting to not like the Ozark Trail tumblers for drinking hot coffee. It has something to do with that plastic lid they come with and how it seals on the rim of the tumbler. The best way to describe it is that the coffee has to "fill" the seals of the lid the first time before the coffee is dispensed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get that first hot sip and I get blasted with coffee and it burns my lips or mouth. Kinda like trying to get a few ice cubes from the bottom of a cup, and then you accidentally break them all loose and get blasted by the entire chunk of ice. I've gotten to the point where if I can, I'll pour out a little bit of coffee in the sink before I drink from it to get that part over with.

MrMcCullster, I know just what you mean by the ice suddenly breaking loose in a glass. It happened to me in a crowed restaurant one day at lunch time. I tipped the glass to take a drink and when i jiggled the ice the whole thing came crashing down. I got a good face wash. When i turned to look to see if any one saw me they were already peeing in there pants laughing.

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KLB »

Anything that will hold it. :-)

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

MrMcCullster wrote:The Thermos brand is much better about travelling and keeping coffee hot longer, as it has a water-tight valve system lid that you can close off to prevent heat from escaping. It will also allow you to close off the spout and mix in whatever you need to (like fru-fru vanilla stuff that my wife uses it for). The Thermos is a little bit harder to clean, as it has three silicon rings and small part of the lid that needs to be cleaned, but it's much better to drink out of.
You might like the Reduce COLD-1 Stainless Steel 30 oz. Water Bottle, 2-pack at Costco.

They're advertised to stay cold for 24 hours or hot for 8.

The lid has a hole for a straw and a slit for sipping. Both seal tight. The picture doesn't show it well, but they open independently of one another.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Captain Matt »

Take Down Sicko wrote:AndyC...Let us know how you like that coffee. Its time for me to make another order. So far i liked Just Black the best.
I don't think HRC KMF one of their standard roasts. :mrgreen:

It is for sale on the Project War Path website, though, if interested.
"hic sunt dracones"

Take Down Sicko

Thanks Capt. Matt...going to take a look.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Pawpaw wrote: You might like the Reduce COLD-1 Stainless Steel 30 oz. Water Bottle, 2-pack at Costco.

They're advertised to stay cold for 24 hours or hot for 8.
:iagree:

I have these and they work very well. At $20 for the two, they are a great value too. Unfortunately the metal bodies themselves are hand wash only which is perhaps the only downside I've found to them.
Psalm 91:2

RederBF

Post by RederBF »

Nice mugs you have, guys.
Here is my mug:
Rate my new "espresso machine" :lol: :lol: joking :biggrinjester:
I bought recently, I'm happy. But sometimes coffee does not taste good ... I do not know why. :lol:

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

If you need new coffee gear, Black Rifle Coffee Co is having a 15% sale through May 13. Also if you're ever passing through Salt Lake City with time to burn their hq is close to the airport (and the Browning museum is just north in Odgen).

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collec ... 7376ad49ba

http://theunionstation.org/john-m-brown ... ms-museum/

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

aero10 wrote:Contigo auto seal; the only way to go. Prevents spills and keeps coffee hot longer than a regular mug.
I might try one of these. I’ve got a Yeti I use but I’m getting rid of it due to their shenanigans

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Here's mine — It's well over 40 years old:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

picked this one up relatively cheap at Walmart(?)
It had a better sealing mechanism that most of the other offerings, and having a travel mug in my truck that said 'Bubba' on it struck me as funny...

member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Nothing. Never has a drop passed my lips. I can’t stand the smell.

Yeah yeah, I know, how did I get through 4 years in the Navy and two WestPacs and 7 years of college? It’s a mystery!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Allons

Post by Allons »

When I do drink coffee it's out of my RTIC cup. Take that Yeti!

NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Return to “Off-Topic”