It is now time to open Texas 100%

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Re: It is now time to open Texas 100%

Post by oohrah »

If I see you without a mask, I will give you a wide berth. I will take my doctor's advice, not some politician. You go your way, and I go mine.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 24

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:07 pm
Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:08 am
tomneal wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:15 am
Masks only work when you make ‘the other guy’ wear one.There is a secret one way nanotechnology in your cloth neck gaiter that only stops #MuhDroplets on the way out, but won’t protect me from breathing them IN, if I wear one. So you must wear a mask to protect me, even if you already had and recovered from the Kung Flu 🤧 or are fully vaccinated. This is because #TrumpsFault and also Stormy emoluments of collusive traitorous insurrections.
I was confused before. After reading this, I completely understand. :thumbs2:

I am still very confused by his post.
What is being pointed out, though in a humorous fashion, is the fact that a cloth mask cannot protect you from catching the virus. There are several reasons for this, such as the fact that a cloth mask does not seal to the face and the virus bug is smaller than the filtering capability of the mask. Add in that the mask doesn't cover the eyes or protect other susceptible tissues from exposure and you can see how it cannot protect the wearer from exposure. Ask any vet who went through military training for combat in an NBC or CBR environment and they will fully understand this. If they went through in the 70s or 80s like I did, see if they can describe MOPP IV gear to you. It was the protective gear for a contaminated area.

But, a mask does protect others from a person who is contaminated. When you breathe, if you have the virus, it is exhaled contained in the moisture droplets in your breath. The water droplets are so much larger than the virus that they can be stopped by the mask. Obviously, this is based on the assumption that the person wearing the mask actually has the virus. This is not usually true but it explains why you heard so many people yelling about you not knowing if you had the virus or not and how you could transmit it without being symptomatic. They had bought into the masks and needed to believe this to convince you to wear a mask. It also ignores the report that a cloth mask does not necessarily stop water droplets but might just break them up into smaller drops which enhances the transmission of the virus. This report was dropped quickly from the news and the urge to wear multiple layers of masks pushed instead.

So we have no evidence that a cloth mask protects the wearer at all. And there is no way a mask can protect others from a person who does not have the virus. But a mask might offer some protection to others if the wearer happens to have a virus, but it is not guaranteed at all.
Kind of like a "blankey" to a three year old.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

^^ What Steve R said.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RoyGBiv »

I hope that all of you planning to stop wearing masks entirely later this week will keep an appropriate distance from those of us that choose to keep wearing a mask inside public spaces.

I may be vaccinated, but I certainly do not want to inhale your unfiltered breath.

I plan on avoiding close encounters with you. Please allow me the opportunity.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 am I hope that all of you planning to stop wearing masks entirely later this week will keep an appropriate distance from those of us that choose to keep wearing a mask inside public spaces.

I may be vaccinated, but I certainly do not want to inhale your unfiltered breath.

If you are wearing a mask and masks work, breathing unfiltered breath should not be an issue. If masks don't work, then there is no point in wearing them. (Conundrum).

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 am I hope that all of you planning to stop wearing masks entirely later this week will keep an appropriate distance from those of us that choose to keep wearing a mask inside public spaces.

I plan on continuing the exact same behavior that I have had for a year, I will wear a mask when required. The sole difference is that I will now be doing it because a store owner asked me to do so on their private property instead of a government mandate. I do believe that you, or any person or corporation may make the rules for your private property. My choice is if I want what you offer badly enough to wear a mask to get it or if it is not that important to me. Your choice as a business owner is if you want to sell to me badly enough to let me in without a mask or not. If people still want to practice their anti-social distancing (the correct name - social distancing ranges from holding my wife while we dance to being close enough for a quiet conversation and shaking hands), I will stay a safe distance away from them.

I decided last year that wearing a mask or not was not the hill I wanted to die on (as the expression goes) and it still isn't. I know the science behind masks and the obvious flaws in its logic. I also try to act civilized (realizing it is just an act and my preferred behavior) so I am polite and do not cause trouble by trying to force anyone else into my belief system. I may try to convince you in a polite discussion but I respect your right to have a different opinion than me. So, feel free to practice any rules you want to keep you safe. I will also do the same and will respect your wishes. I feel that this is how civilized people should act.
Steve Rothstein

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 am

If you are wearing a mask and masks work, breathing unfiltered breath should not be an issue. If masks don't work, then there is no point in wearing them. (Conundrum).
This logic, or lack thereof, is why a mandate was needed to begin with.
There are many reasons why your breathing on me while you are not wearing a mask is more unhealthy for me, whether I'm wearing a mask or not. I believe you're smart enough to know this.

Go troll someone else.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

srothstein wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:34 am

I plan on continuing the exact same behavior that I have had for a year, I will wear a mask when required. The sole difference is that I will now be doing it because a store owner asked me to do so on their private property instead of a government mandate. I do believe that you, or any person or corporation may make the rules for your private property. My choice is if I want what you offer badly enough to wear a mask to get it or if it is not that important to me. Your choice as a business owner is if you want to sell to me badly enough to let me in without a mask or not. If people still want to practice their anti-social distancing (the correct name - social distancing ranges from holding my wife while we dance to being close enough for a quiet conversation and shaking hands), I will stay a safe distance away from them.

I decided last year that wearing a mask or not was not the hill I wanted to die on (as the expression goes) and it still isn't. I know the science behind masks and the obvious flaws in its logic. I also try to act civilized (realizing it is just an act and my preferred behavior) so I am polite and do not cause trouble by trying to force anyone else into my belief system. I may try to convince you in a polite discussion but I respect your right to have a different opinion than me. So, feel free to practice any rules you want to keep you safe. I will also do the same and will respect your wishes. I feel that this is how civilized people should act.
It's really this simple. Thanks! :tiphat:

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Killadocg23 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:40 am

There are many reasons why your breathing on me while you are not wearing a mask is more unhealthy for me, whether I'm wearing a mask or not. I believe you're smart enough to know this.

Go troll someone else.

Agree 100% with this. All the anti masker stay away.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Killadocg23 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Go troll someone else.

Maybe it is you who needs to stay away from those not wearing a mask. There is little difference in a person who thinks everyone should be required by law to wear a mask and a person who thinks wearing a mask in a location that requests it is a violation of their rights. Both are Nazis. Both have a feeling of self importance that resembles narcissism. Respect peoples right to decide for themselves what is right for them. If you are uncomfortable around those not wearing a mask, you probably should refuse to shop where a mask is not required. If you feel wearing a mask violates your rights, you need to stay out of places that require a mask.

If the store requires a mask to enter, one should respect their rights and wear one. If the store has no requirement to wear a mask, one should respect their right in this situation as well.

I just got back from a Tom Thumb store. They had a sign on the door requiring a mask. They also played repeatedly over the loud speaker that a mask was required. I kept a mask on while in the store. Their store, their rules.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Killadocg23 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Go troll someone else.

Maybe it is you who needs to stay away from those not wearing a mask. There is little difference in a person who thinks anyone not wearing a mask is worthy of scorn and a person who thinks wearing a mask in a store that requests it is a violation of their rights. Both are Nazis. Both have a feeling of self importance that resembles narcissism. Respect peoples right to decide for themselves what is right for them. If you are uncomfortable around those not wearing a mask, you probably should refuse to shop where a mask is not required. If you feel wearing a mask violates your rights, you need to stay out of places that require a mask.

If the store requires a mask to enter, one should respect their rights and wear one. If the store has no requirement to wear a mask, one should respect their right in this situation as well.

I just got back from a Tom Thumb store. They had a sign on the door requiring a mask. They also played repeatedly over the loud speaker that a mask was required. I kept a mask on while in the store. Their store, their rules.
I do actually. I stay away from the anti maskers. Walmart here has a mask policy but some of the anti maskers still don’t follow the rules. And when I am checking out they tend to be “right up” on me. It’s annoying as ever. I don’t look for confrontation though especially when I am carrying my gun.

We do agree on most points though.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Killadocg23 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:24 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Go troll someone else.

Maybe it is you who needs to stay away from those not wearing a mask. There is little difference in a person who thinks anyone not wearing a mask is worthy of scorn and a person who thinks wearing a mask in a store that requests it is a violation of their rights. Both are Nazis. Both have a feeling of self importance that resembles narcissism. Respect peoples right to decide for themselves what is right for them. If you are uncomfortable around those not wearing a mask, you probably should refuse to shop where a mask is not required. If you feel wearing a mask violates your rights, you need to stay out of places that require a mask.

I do actually. I stay away from the anti maskers. Walmart here has a mask policy but some of the anti maskers still don’t follow the rules. And when I am checking out they tend to be “right up” on me. It’s annoying as ever. I don’t look for confrontation though especially when I am carrying my gun.

We do agree on most points though.
If Walmart has a mask policy, it is up to them to enforce it. They could easily trespass a person refusing to abide by their dress code. I rarely see folks not wearing a mask in any store. Like you, if I do I don't say anything to avoid confrontation. Admittedly, I do keep my distance from them. I imagine with the mandate being lifted we will start seeing more and more folks not wearing a mask. It will be interesting to see if stores will enforce their dress codes. For me, for the time being, I wear a mask in any situation where I am in close proximity to others. I don't need a law to require I show consideration for others.

I was in a Walgreens the other day when a creeper was mashing up on me at the register. The clerk ask the person to step back to the mark on the floor. Haha...

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

And so it begins. 60 year old woman decides to be a trespassing test case. From body cam footage the cop gave her a chance to get a mask and come back to get her money out. Then he gave her the chance to leave. At that point she went full blown George Floyd on him. She must not have gotten the memo that only felons are allowed to resist arrest. She failed to shout, "I can't breath". One must know the rules before fighting with a cop.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-woman- ... nk-bodycam

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm And so it begins. 60 year old woman decides to be a trespassing test case. From body cam footage the cop gave her a chance to get a mask and come back to get her money out. Then he gave her the chance to leave. At that point she went full blown George Floyd on him. She must not have gotten the memo that only felons are allowed to resist arrest. She failed to shout, "I can't breath". One must know the rules before fighting with a cop.

Your link appears to be broken. Here's another attempt.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flechero
Posts in topic: 6

Post by flechero »

The lady was clearly wrong but they [bank employees] could have handled this much better and faster than waiting for the police... so if the fear was ACTUALLY health and safety- they would have been much better off giving her, her money and letting her walk away and close her account out. Instead, they allowed her to stay inside "endangering the lives of everyone" for 15 minutes- vs. just giving her the money in 2 minutes and being rid of her... of course that doesn't give anyone the satisfaction of being a SJW and seeing and old lady arrested by police. :confused5

I wear a mask [properly] wherever required, but an honest question to the hard core mask crowd- If we went our whole lives without masks and without issue... now even when someone is vaccinated from the one thing you are wearing masks for, what's the fear? Especially considering the science is mixed on whether a [non-rated] mask helps. Based on the available science, the distancing may do more than the masks most people wear.

What ticks me off, though, is the tons of self righteous mask police walking around with their noses sticking out of their masks... but the person who is minding their own business, distancing from people, is an issue worth yelling at and causing a scene over. :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”