Gutfeld tops Kimmel and Tonight Show

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Gutfeld tops Kimmel and Tonight Show

Post by philip964 »

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/05/ ... on-in.html

Late evening broadcast TV entertainment has some new options for conservatives.

I had pretty much stopped watching broadcast TV after 10:30.

May have to give him a shot.

RoyGBiv

Re: Gutfeld tops Kimmel and Tonight Show

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm not in Gutfelds demographic, but I like him, Tyrus and Kat. Pretty surprised that he won out over the old lib guard. Very nice. Thanks for posting.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

extremist

Post by extremist »

I used to like Gutfeld, then he did this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-new ... ted-2021-4
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:24 pm I'm not in Gutfelds demographic, but I like him, Tyrus and Kat. Pretty surprised that he won out over the old lib guard. Very nice. Thanks for posting.
Jimmy Kimmel: anytime his face pops onto the TV screen I'm already diving for the remote just so that Nielsen doesn't think I spent even 15 seconds watching him.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

extremist wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:06 pm I used to like Gutfeld, then he did this:
I believe that Gutfeld is a bomb thrower and that his stature with the audience is the reason for his level of success. There are a lot of people who fall into the NIMBY category on a lot of issues and he may just be playing to his crowd. Just as I believe that Juan Williams gets paid to be the foil for the more Conservative commentators, I think Gutfeld's purpose is ratings, not ideology.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:52 am
extremist wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:06 pm I used to like Gutfeld, then he did this:
I believe that Gutfeld is a bomb thrower and that his stature with the audience is the reason for his level of success. There are a lot of people who fall into the NIMBY category on a lot of issues and he may just be playing to his crowd. Just as I believe that Juan Williams gets paid to be the foil for the more Conservative commentators, I think Gutfeld's purpose is ratings, not ideology.
I have heard Gutfeld say on past occasions that he is neither a liberal nor a conservative, but rather a libertarian. As such, he blesses all the deserving with the hot sauce. His schtick is that he tries to be funny cynic while doing it.

We may call that bomb-throwing, or we may call that a libertarian holding both liberal and conservative ideologues accountable.

Personally, I DC'd cable service 2 years ago, and so I don’t watch political commentary any longer … unless it’s something I run across on YouTube or some website. So I don’t watch FoxNews either, which is good. Even they were starting to get my knickers bunched up once in a while with stupid sh……uh……stuff. I sleep better now, and haven’t had the impulse to shoot my TV in almost 2 years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 am
I have heard Gutfeld say on past occasions that he is neither a liberal nor a conservative, but rather a libertarian. As such, he blesses all the deserving with the hot sauce. His schtick is that he tries to be funny cynic while doing it.

We may call that bomb-throwing, or we may call that a libertarian holding both liberal and conservative ideologues accountable.
I like Gutfield not so much because I agree with him, although I mostly do, but I enjoy hearing his weird perspective on the issues. Personally, I find the talking heads that have the same views as me as boring. guys like Sean Hannity and Laura Ingrim have nothing new to add to the discussion. Juan Williams, Neil Cavuto and Gutfeld are entertaining. People who spit out the same old pablum are boring even if they are right.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Off-Topic”