Shooting in Tucson on Amtrac

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Shooting in Tucson on Amtrac

Post by gtolbert09 »

YouTube video caught by Virtual Railfan cameras.
DEA officer killed.

Last edited by gtolbert09 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Shooting in Tucson on Amtrac

Post by C-dub »

Well, that was a bunch of shots.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

We had 2 shootings in Angelina County last week. One in Lufkin and the other a suicided attempt in Huntington Sonic. My grandson was told by DPS to leave shortly before the real trouble started.
There is no safe place to be anymore.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Sad event. Not clear to me exactly why: “They were checking for illegal guns, money, drugs,” Chief Magnus said. “This is something they do, as I said, routinely at pretty much all transit hubs.”

With the abuse of forfeiture laws, routinely "checking for money" seems like a massive overstep on public transportation. What was the probable cause for checking for money??? I'm not gonna buy officer safety for that one.

Its interesting the reaction of bystanders. At first many people just stand around as the gunfight kicks off and people are being shot. The lady closest to the action needs to be motioned away. Instead of leaving the scene, the bystanders move to the other railcar and close the door. Not understanding that move at all.

Contrary to how some training, RUN, FIGHT, HIDE is almost certainly the best order of responses. Instead of any of these, at first they froze. Then they made some distance, but decided to HIDE, not that glass or aluminum does an especially good job of stopping bullets. I can understand that if they weren't armed and the police were already involved, fighting wouldn't be the first response or second response... but RUNNING would have been better.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The feds don't like people travelling with large amounts of cash. Especially in that area so close to the border.

Return to “Off-Topic”