Gov Abbott

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gov Abbott

Post by Chemist45 »

Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:
I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote,
What? All three of them?

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

Rafe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:04 am Now threatening to impact and influence Texas state sovereign elections, Adams has climbed onboard the Beto bus (pun intended):
Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:"I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote, and I am deeply contemplating taking a bus load of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."
We saw this and were talking about it in the office today. The general consensus was that no self-respecting Texan would ever take any advice from a New York carpet-bagger on who to vote for (or much else).

We were wondering if we could buy the rights to the old Pace commercial and take out an ad on NYC TV to say what Adams said and then play the clip where they say "New York City? Git a rope". I wonder how many he would get to volunteer.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:00 pm
Rafe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:04 am Now threatening to impact and influence Texas state sovereign elections, Adams has climbed onboard the Beto bus (pun intended):
Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:"I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote, and I am deeply contemplating taking a bus load of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."
We saw this and were talking about it in the office today. The general consensus was that no self-respecting Texan would ever take any advice from a New York carpet-bagger on who to vote for (or much else).

We were wondering if we could buy the rights to the old Pace commercial and take out an ad on NYC TV to say what Adams said and then play the clip where they say "New York City? Git a rope". I wonder how many he would get to volunteer.
Ha! Good one! I remember those ads. Wait... Now I have to give YouTube a look...

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

Rafe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:19 pm
srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:00 pm

Ha! Good one! I remember those ads. Wait... Now I have to give YouTube a look...

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: Absolutely love it. They need to follow that crowd with a camera. Can't wait to see the reaction from real Texans to a bunch of Woke east coast liberals banging on their door demanding that they vote for Beto. :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Typical libtard leftest, trying to tell people in other parts of the country how to vote and think. I can't wait for the November Democratic blood bath. Then I hope there will be a buch of crooked Dems investigated, prosecuted, and imprisoned.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Chemist45 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:26 pm Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:
I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote,
What? All three of them?
Typical leftist… he didn’t recommend how all three of them should vote; he TOLD them how to vote.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 am
Chemist45 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:26 pm Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:
What? All three of them?
Typical leftist… he didn’t recommend how all three of them should vote; he TOLD them how to vote.
You have to, when they’re dead 🤷‍♂️

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

There will be far more than enough woke leftists voting for Butto to make it too close for comfort.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by powerboatr »

parabelum wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 am
What? All three of them?
both of you are DEAD ON correct...no pun intended
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

LDB415 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:32 am There will be far more than enough woke leftists voting for Butto to make it too close for comfort.
We think Sheila Jackson Lee is an embarrassment to Houston. If Beto gets elected we will have much more than an embarrassment. Texas will become a cesspool for Soros pay-for-play influence and political puppeteering, we'll have a total incompetent in Austin who's never really worked a day in his life, and Texas will be an absolute laughing stock.

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

If things do not go well in November. I’m really not sure about the future of the US. At some point they will close the borders and not let us leave. Before that they will close the borders to the movement of capital out of the country, mostly likely that will occur after gun confiscation.

Problem where to go?

If not Texas, then where?

Friend moved to Idaho. House prices are insane there already.

The Annoyed Man

What? All three of them?
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

What? All three of them?
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:35 pm Image
(Just a "pssst" from the peanut gallery. I think your SSL cert is expired. Can see the image if I change the URL to http only. Now I'll go back to bothering other people...)

The Annoyed Man

Rafe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:56 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:35 pm Image
(Just a "pssst" from the peanut gallery. I think your SSL cert is expired. Can see the image if I change the URL to http only. Now I'll go back to bothering other people...)
Yes it is. Fixed it. I’ve been procrastinating on a server change.

#TINVOWOOT

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

Rafe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:49 pm
LDB415 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:32 am There will be far more than enough woke leftists voting for Butto to make it too close for comfort.
We think Sheila Jackson Lee is an embarrassment to Houston. If Beto gets elected we will have much more than an embarrassment. Texas will become a cesspool for Soros pay-for-play influence and political puppeteering, we'll have a total incompetent in Austin who's never really worked a day in his life, and Texas will be an absolute laughing stock.
Yes, I used to live in the Camp Logan neighborhood. It was not good with Barbara Jordan and exponentially worse each iteration after that. SJL is whatever is 3 levels worse than awful.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Off-Topic”