Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes

Post by RoyGBiv »

Jaguar wrote:This flight has been gone so long without any evidence of where it is that even if they recover debris the actual resting place on the bottom could be hundreds of miles away with little hope of finding the black boxes.
If ocean currents average ~3kts and debris is discovered 14 days after the crash, that's 3 x 24 x 14 = 1,008 Nautical miles = 1,160 statute miles.

Needle in a hayfield.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964
Posts in topic: 73

Post by philip964 »

We need our subs in the area listening.

jmra
Posts in topic: 33

Post by jmra »

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/21 ... -accident/
"MH370: 54 minutes of cockpit communications hint event that caused jet to disappear was no accident"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Dave2
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Dave2 »

philip964 wrote:We need our subs in the area listening.
I'd be slightly surprised if we didn't have a few over there anyway.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woman on another plane saw plane shaped object in water near Andaman Islands day of disappearance, filed a police report more than a week ago.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Retired Gen believes flight was hijacked and landed
http://video.foxnews.com/v/337459085600 ... show-clips
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Beiruty »

I am shocked by the low quality of the released satellite images. Google has 1"/pixel resolution satellite images for its campus. You can ID familiar persons and read License plates if they lay flat on the ground. It is a joke that China and AU has so useless satellite imagery.

Classified US Satellite can for sure have not only still imagery with 1"ppx resolution but live 30fps of the same quality.

US is silent, because they know that the plane is not in the ocean. Why the pilots/hijackers have the intention to fly south?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

I wonder what the end game plan is. IF they find debris associated with the flight, then the real job/cost starts. WHO is going to do this and pay for it. It took 2 years to find the Air France voice and flight recorders. I believe France paid for that because it was one of their aircraft. Do we think Malaysia has the money, assets and will to devote to finding the crash site. I think not. That will leave the job to the good old United States. Maybe China would do it. They had the most citizens on board.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 20

Post by WildBill »

howdy wrote:I wonder what the end game plan is. IF they find debris associated with the flight, then the real job/cost starts. WHO is going to do this and pay for it. It took 2 years to find the Air France voice and flight recorders. I believe France paid for that because it was one of their aircraft. Do we think Malaysia has the money, assets and will to devote to finding the crash site. I think not. That will leave the job to the good old United States. Maybe China would do it. They had the most citizens on board.
I think in Malaysia's case it is the lack of desire rather than having enough money and assets.
NRA Endowment Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

howdy wrote:I wonder what the end game plan is. IF they find debris associated with the flight, then the real job/cost starts. WHO is going to do this and pay for it. It took 2 years to find the Air France voice and flight recorders. I believe France paid for that because it was one of their aircraft. Do we think Malaysia has the money, assets and will to devote to finding the crash site. I think not. That will leave the job to the good old United States. Maybe China would do it. They had the most citizens on board.
Not our job. It is in our interest to determine if the aircraft crashed or if it was hijacked.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Beiruty »

Here is a satellite image to show what 5-10yrs technology can do:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mamabearCali »

jmra wrote:
Not our job. It is in our interest to determine if the aircraft crashed or if it was hijacked.

Precisely. Once we know whether it crashed or was highjacked we can take it from there. If the poor plane simply crashed, then it is terrible, but China and Malaysia can deal with the fallout as it was mostly Chinese citizens and a Malaysian aircraft. If it was high-jacked and is still in usuable condition then we have a very serious problem that I think would merit us staying in the loop and working on it.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I know the families are hoping the people are alive. If we imagine for a second they are alive. Think of the logistics of detaining 250 people for two weeks. No one escapes, uses their cell phone. None of your compatriots tells anyone where they are being kept. Deserted island somewhere? If it was Pakistan, or some place like that they would have been discovered already.

Time will tell.

strider67
Posts in topic: 12

Post by strider67 »

Heard one expert speculate that other countries probably DO have more satellite pictures but choose not to share them. Reason being is that may not want to show the world their satellite capabilities...or lack thereof. Makes sense, if true.

I pray for those aboard that were innocent, as no one is any closer than they were two weeks ago to finding this plane...
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 20

Post by WildBill »

strider67 wrote:Heard one expert speculate that other countries probably DO have more satellite pictures but choose not to share them. Reason being is that may not want to show the world their satellite capabilities...or lack thereof. Makes sense, if true.

I pray for those aboard that were innocent, as no one is any closer than they were two weeks ago to finding this plane...
:iagree: Good intelligence and security policy doesn't include exposing their capabilities.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”