Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 am https://rmx.news/article/germany-last-g ... w-to-bali/

Climate protestors missed court date for blocking traffic in Stuttgart Germany to end fissile fuels because they were vacationing in Bali.
But I'm sure they swam to Bali to avoid carbon emissions, or maybe hitched a ride holding onto a dolphin's dorsal fin.

In somewhat related news this morning:

Greta Thunberg encourages climate activists to break laws to get out of "existential crisis"
https://voz.us/greta-thunberg-encourage ... s/?lang=en
On Friday, Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg urged fellow activists to go outside "legal methods" to achieve their climate goals.

The 20-year-old, who is focused on the risks of global warming, was a guest on the The View to talk about the "existential emergency" presented by climate change.
The young woman tried to justify her stance by pointing out that throughout history there have been movements that chose to push the limits in order to succeed and noted that this is precisely what should be used as an example.

"If we want to see real changes… if we look through history, if people who were advocating for, for example, social justice, if they had only used the legal methods, then we wouldn’t be where we are today for example when it comes to racial rights, and women's voting, "she said.
Greta Thunberg as a guest on The View. :shock: I don't think I could come with a better combination to stay well away from ABC during the day. And by the way, how did creepy Greta get to the U.S. to be a guest on the show? Was it Dolphin Uber again? Or did she <gasp> rely on some form of transportation powered by fossil fuel?
DOLPHIN UBER :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :tiphat:
no body ever seems to ask them the right in your face question.. maybe she floated over on a "weather"balloon
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 75

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/scientist ... te-change/

Cannibalism to fight climate change.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 am https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/scientist ... te-change/

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:21 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 am https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/scientist ... te-change/

A week ago I was listening to some mindless pundit speaking about abortion and some facts came up on the numbers. For some reason a strange thought entered my brain that we could sink low enough to the level of using the babies removed as a food source. I put it out of my mind that humans would never sink that low. Now this! :shock:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

puma guy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:05 pm

A week ago I was listening to some mindless pundit speaking about abortion and some facts came up on the numbers. For some reason a strange thought entered my brain that we could sink low enough to the level of using the babies removed as a food source. I put it out of my mind that humans would never sink that low. Now this! :shock:
The climate change cult has lots of weirdos, deranged and evil people.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Cormick McCarthy author of No Country for Old Men, also wrote The Road which was also made into a movie, that was only Ok. In the book, the Road, the Earth has been destroyed by nuclear war and food is in short supply do to climate change (nuclear winter) (no sunlight due to atmospheric dust). After a few years a MN father and his son travel South for warmer weather, hoping also the Southern United States will have food. Along their trip they see newborn babies are eaten by their own parents for food. Captive humans are also kept for food. There is no refrigeration, so tourniquets are used to keep the captives humans alive as parts are harvested for food. Cartridges for guns are long gone.

This is why I think cartridges will be the new currency along with gold, silver and food in any post apocalyptic world. And why I will never own a bump stock.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:42 pm

Cormick McCarthy author of No Country for Old Men, also wrote The Road which was also made into a movie, that was only Ok. In the book, the Road, the Earth has been destroyed by nuclear war and food is in short supply do to climate change (nuclear winter) (no sunlight due to atmospheric dust). After a few years a MN father and his son travel South for warmer weather, hoping also the Southern United States will have food. Along their trip they see newborn babies are eaten by their own parents for food. Captive humans are also kept for food. There is no refrigeration, so tourniquets are used to keep the captives humans alive as parts are harvested for food. Cartridges for guns are long gone.

This is why I think cartridges will be the new currency along with gold, silver and food in any post apocalyptic world. And why I will never own a bump stock.
On a less serious, lighter note try to find a movie title "A Boy and His Dog" starring Don Johnson based on a story by Harlan Ellison; directed by L.Q. Jones and produced by Alvy Jones.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

puma guy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:08 am

On a less serious, lighter note try to find a movie title "A Boy and His Dog" starring Don Johnson based on a story by Harlan Ellison; directed by L.Q. Jones and produced by Alvy Moore.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

On a less serious, lighter note try to find a movie title "A Boy and His Dog" starring Don Johnson based on a story by Harlan Ellison; directed by L.Q. Jones and produced by Alvy Jones.
A great post apocalyptic movie that hardly anyone saw or knows about.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 am

A great post apocalyptic movie that hardly anyone saw or knows about.

I saw it as a kid and have watched it a couple times since. I liked the movie.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Might be OK with enough hot sauce.

:reddevil
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:31 pm Might be OK with enough hot sauce.

:reddevil
I agree! That stuff makes anything edible. :cheers2:

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I remember that story, but I never knew they made a movie out of it.
Steve Rothstein

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Back on topic....

Worth a read... https://reason.com/2023/04/27/global-wa ... new-paper/

Summary:
Average global temperature has increased by about 1.1 degrees Celsius since the late 19th century. If the rate of warming is not in fact accelerating, rough extrapolations of the lowest and highest rates of warming derived from the observational records suggest that unabated global warming would further boost average temperatures between 1 and 1.6 degrees Celsius by the end of this century. Such an increase is in line with recent research that finds that the average global temperature is likely to rise by 2100 to about 2.2 degrees Celsius above the 19th century baseline. That's not nothing, but such an increase is unlikely to be catastrophic for future generations.
What a surprise... Not.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

srothstein wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:21 pm

I remember that story, but I never knew they made a movie out of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAP14OMIQkM

Return to “Off-Topic”