For sale by a millenial! Maybe AOC's brother???

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

For sale by a millenial! Maybe AOC's brother???

Post by puma guy »

Daisy Red Ryder Carbine BB Gun 650 shot 350 fps 1938 BRAND NEW SEALED BOX
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: For sale by a millenial! Maybe AOC's brother???

Post by The Annoyed Man »

:totap: HEEEY!!!!! That box has been opened! :totap:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

Hey, TAM, did you know that they used plastic zip ties to secure things into sealed packaging back in 1938?
Steve Rothstein

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Red Ryder model number is 1938. No idea if the sales person knows that or not.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

srothstein wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:34 pm Hey, TAM, did you know that they used plastic zip ties to secure things into sealed packaging back in 1938?
1938 is the model number.

I thought the same thing when I saw the zip tie.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm Red Ryder model number is 1938. No idea if the sales person knows that or not.
I wasn't paying that much attention to the 1938; I was laughing at the idiotic description on Ebay. I bought two 3 years ago when my last grandson turned 1 that's still in the sealed box and outer shipping carton as well. Won't be opened until his 6th birthday. My 7 year old grandson got the other one on his 5th birthday, along with a BB trap target and shooting glasses because he was shooting baskets with a regulation ball and goal at that age. That Dad supervises goes with saying.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm Red Ryder model number is 1938. No idea if the sales person knows that or not.
Thanks I did not know that and just the way he had it written looked like the year.
Steve Rothstein

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pmI wasn't paying that much attention to the 1938; I was laughing at the idiotic description on Ebay. I bought two 3 years ago when my last grandson turned 1 that's still in the sealed box and outer shipping carton as well. Won't be opened until his 6th birthday. My 7 year old grandson got the other one on his 5th birthday, along with a BB trap target and shooting glasses because he was shooting baskets with a regulation ball and goal at that age. That Dad supervises goes with saying.
That is the way to do it. I did not do BB guns though. I gave most of my kids a 22LR single shot bolt action rifle on their 10th birthday. Two daughters wanted archery equipment instead, so they got that. My oldest son still has the one I got him then. It is kind of rare now because it was when Daisy experiments with making 22s instead of just BB guns. He turns 43 in 2-1/2 weeks.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

srothstein wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pmI wasn't paying that much attention to the 1938; I was laughing at the idiotic description on Ebay. I bought two 3 years ago when my last grandson turned 1 that's still in the sealed box and outer shipping carton as well. Won't be opened until his 6th birthday. My 7 year old grandson got the other one on his 5th birthday, along with a BB trap target and shooting glasses because he was shooting baskets with a regulation ball and goal at that age. That Dad supervises goes with saying.
That is the way to do it. I did not do BB guns though. I gave most of my kids a 22LR single shot bolt action rifle on their 10th birthday. Two daughters wanted archery equipment instead, so they got that. My oldest son still has the one I got him then. It is kind of rare now because it was when Daisy experiments with making 22s instead of just BB guns. He turns 43 in 2-1/2 weeks.
LOL I actually bought each of my grand children a vintage Marlin .22 rifle when they were born to give them when the were old enough. I have 5 grand daughters and two grandsons. My middle daughter has a 13 year old and 11 year old. I realized the Marlins were too big for them so I bought them Crickets. Their dad has one of the Marlins when they grow into them. My oldest daughter three daughters, 13 year old twins and a 9 year old. I bought Crickets for the twins and thought their dad would help them. He developed an interest in guns before they were born according to his dad who gave him a Springfield XD 9mm. I loaned him a .243 to use on a hunt. When the twins were 9-10 along with my other granddaughter I bought them all pink Crickets. My middle daughter's husband set up a table and targets right away and they were shooting CB caps right away. I bought them a little Caldwell rifle rest. They are both dead eyed shooters. My oldest daughter informed me she that her husband was no longer interested in guns when I was about to present the twins their guns. I got my .243 returned and the Crickets are in the gun safe. I'll paint the stocks black when the grandsons are old enough. An aside on BB guns. In his book Shotgunning: The Art and the Science, Bob Brister has a chapter on training with a BB gun. Not the way you'd think, but rather placing ping pong balls on the ground a shooting them by sighting down the barrel like a shotgun. Starting slowly and steadily increasing. Another aside. I sometimes take my oldest daughter to a range near their home when I visit. The last time I was there I took my Buckmark with a reflex sight and she loved it. I haven't been able to visit her, but I have a brand new Buckmark Camper, w/a Browning Reflex sight and pistol rug to give her. So there may be hope for her daughters.
BTW I was selling guns when Daisy came out with the VL .22 guns and ammunition. It seemed like a great idea, but like the Gyro-Jet Pistol just didn't catch on.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

My grand daughter has a pink one just like that. 😎
N5PNZ

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

2farnorth wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:00 pm My grand daughter has a pink one just like that. 😎
:thumbs2:

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:50 pm
srothstein wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm
LOL I actually bought each of my grand children a vintage Marlin .22 rifle when they were born to give them when the were old enough. I have 5 grand daughters and two grandsons. My middle daughter has a 13 year old and 11 year old. I realized the Marlins were too big for them so I bought them Crickets. Their dad has one of the Marlins when they grow into them. My oldest daughter three daughters, 13 year old twins and a 9 year old. I bought Crickets for the twins and thought their dad would help them. He developed an interest in guns before they were born according to his dad who gave him a Springfield XD 9mm. I loaned him a .243 to use on a hunt. When the twins were 9-10 along with my other granddaughter I bought them all pink Crickets. My middle daughter's husband set up a table and targets right away and they were shooting CB caps right away. I bought them a little Caldwell rifle rest. They are both dead eyed shooters. My oldest daughter informed me she that her husband was no longer interested in guns when I was about to present the twins their guns. I got my .243 returned and the Crickets are in the gun safe. I'll paint the stocks black when the grandsons are old enough. An aside on BB guns. In his book Shotgunning: The Art and the Science, Bob Brister has a chapter on training with a BB gun. Not the way you'd think, but rather placing ping pong balls on the ground a shooting them by sighting down the barrel like a shotgun. Starting slowly and steadily increasing. Another aside. I sometimes take my oldest daughter to a range near their home when I visit. The last time I was there I took my Buckmark with a reflex sight and she loved it. I haven't been able to visit her, but I have a brand new Buckmark Camper, w/a Browning Reflex sight and pistol rug to give her. So there may be hope for her daughters.
BTW I was selling guns when Daisy came out with the VL .22 guns and ammunition. It seemed like a great idea, but like the Gyro-Jet Pistol just didn't catch on.
My number three daughter was always a little of a tomboy and empress of the universe at the same time. When she was a teenager, I used to tell her to look up at that yellow ball in the sky and remember that the world revolve around it not her. But she loves shooting as a hobby and got into handguns too. But the tomboy part is that she hates pink and especially hates guns marketed as women's guns. Her daughter is six now. Well she inherited the empress attitude, but not the tomboy part. Last year when we bought her a motorcycle helmet so she could ride with either me or her mother, she chose a pink one. I have already shown her the pink Cricket and told her she will get one like it on her tenth birthday. She loves the idea of a pink rifle.

I have three sons who all shoot and four daughters. My oldest daughter was one who wanted archery equipment instead of a rifle, but she enlisted in the Army at 17 and now likes shooting too. The second daughter is the other one who wanted archery and she is the mother of my youngest granddaughter. She still doesn't care for shooting so I will figure a way to give the granddaughter a rifle and only take her shooting when she visits me. Obviously, if she is not interested, she will get to choose something else though too.

My middle son has two granddaughters. His wife does not like children with guns (or motorcycles). When my son bought an SKS, his wife said he had to sell one of his other rifles to get it. I bought his 22 (a Marlin 15Y) that I had given him for the same price I had paid originally and told him then that it was his oldest daughter's when she turned ten. His wife won't allow the girls to have guns (though she did let them get toy guns for Christmas when they asked for them) so I am holding the rifle right now, even though she is 12. I was told I could give it to her when she is 18 because officially she will be an adult and mom says that is her choice then. I think she will like the fact that is was her father's first rifle also. I don't know if she will like the fact that is must be the most valuable Marlin in the world since I paid full price for it twice. Now I have to get one for the seven year old and put it away. Since she will wait, I doubt I will need to get a Cricket for her.
Steve Rothstein

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

A few years back I refinished my old BB gun, a late '60s Daisy model 96 -- sort of like the heftier big brother to the Red Ryder. Had it since I was about six or seven years old. Had a Red Ryder before that, but it perished in a garage fire.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I looked up the Red Ryder BB gun on the Daisy Website and found some history and a wonderful story.

https://www.daisy.com/the-daisy-museum- ... the-story/

Return to “Off-Topic”