Who didn’t lose power?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

QB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who didn’t lose power?

Post by QB »

In Carrollton (The Homestead subdivision) and did not lose power or anything else. Very lucky!!!
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

out in east texas, near sulphur springs. we never lost power, only had some weird on of on off on off stuff on the saturday before they fixed it the next day and we never had any more issues
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:23 am out in east texas, near sulphur springs. we never lost power, only had some weird on of on off on off stuff on the saturday before they fixed it the next day and we never had any more issues
I got a ticket in Sulphur Springs back in the ‘70’s. No credit cards back then. Fortunately I had enough cash to pay the ticket and gas for the rest of the way home.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Up here close to the Red River, my house and area didn't lose power. We get our power from the Southwest Rural Electric (SWRE) Co-op that also provides power to several counties in southwest Oklahoma (thus the name). We had some flickers a few times, and the website that shows power outages reported a few customers in our area as being without power, but it was a tiny handful. Up to this point, including during some other rough thunderstorms that knocked out power elsewhere in the area, the Co-op has managed to do a great job keeping the power on. My wife called them and asked about rising rates, they told her nope, your rate stays the same and you just pay for the KWH you used. Of course, they also told her that rates will likely rise across the board sometime in the future, but not directly due to the winter storm.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

We are within the Lewisville ISD area. We lost power late in the cycle for about an hour. We never got to a boil order for our water and it flowed the whole time. Our internet was out 90% of the time from Monday until Thursday and then was intermittent for several more days. We have Frontier FIOS (was Verizon). We are on CoServ for electric

What is interesting is that our son is in a development about 2.5 miles as the crow flies from us and also has CoServ. He never had solid power from Monday until late Wednesday night. His was the only "rolling" blackout story near us. Several others less than a mile to the East had a solid power outage for 3 days. A municipal building is not too far from us so perhaps we were spared outages in an effort to keep power running there on a common power feed. It would have to be at the sub-station level.

I had my generator at the ready and could have kept the furnace running as long as the natural gas flow held sufficient pressure. We lived in Colleyville for the big cold snap in 1989 and we did not have sufficient gas flow there. We had gas logs and they were useless, too. Fortunately, we had two fireplaces and I had kept one for wood. I had a good firewood supply but the house was very spread out and that fireplace couldn't keep things warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing. Both the cold supply and the trap for the washing machine froze in the wall. This time, we had no problem like that.

Our biggest problem was that electric power was off to several local grocery stores. The other stores that remained open were quickly picked clean. Who knew that there would runs on things like cat litter?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

You couldnt find water in my area with divining rods. H E B was the first to start restocking after the freeze.

Return to “Off-Topic”