Midterm Election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Midterm Election

Post by anygunanywhere »

Its Going toGet Worse and Thats Good

https://americandigest.org/its-going-t ... hats-good/
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

Trump is finished... toxic and childish... now moving on to bullying other Republicans. I've thought for a long time that his best play would be to announce he's NOT running in '24 and sit back and wield his base as a Kingmaker... but... no. He's every bit the self-centered, bullying New Yorker that I despise. Such a waste.

Trump continues to knock other Republicans ahead of expected 2024 announcement with fresh attack on Youngkin
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:03 pm Trump is finished... toxic and childish... now moving on to bullying other Republicans. I've thought for a long time that his best play would be to announce he's NOT running in '24 and sit back and wield his base as a Kingmaker... but... no. He's every bit the self-centered, bullying New Yorker that I despise. Such a waste.

Trump continues to knock other Republicans ahead of expected 2024 announcement with fresh attack on Youngkin
:iagree: He only gets my vote again if the choice is him or a greater evil Democrat.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Big Picture, 2022 Midterm Elections Highlight the Distinct Difference Between Ballots and Votes
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... and-votes/
As the political discussion centers on the 2022 wins and losses from the midterm election, one thing that stands out in similarity to the 2020 general election is the difference between ballots and votes. It appears in some states this is the ‘new normal.’

Where votes were the focus, the Biden administration suffered losses. Where ballots were the focus, the Biden administration won.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:37 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:03 pm Trump is finished... toxic and childish... now moving on to bullying other Republicans. I've thought for a long time that his best play would be to announce he's NOT running in '24 and sit back and wield his base as a Kingmaker... but... no. He's every bit the self-centered, bullying New Yorker that I despise. Such a waste.

:iagree: He only gets my vote again if the choice is him or a greater evil Democrat.
Not me. I’ll happily vote for DeSantis (if he runs), or some other republican of equal caliber. But I won’t vote for Trump again. He did some good things. I am grateful for his SCOTUS picks, and it seems likely that he probably placed some good justices in federal district and appellate courts too. But he’s thin-skinned, holds unproductive grudges, listens to bad advice, and makes terrible hiring/firing decisions.

The MSM (AKA the DNC Marketing Dept.) doesn’t like either DeSantis or Trump. But DeSantis keeps them focused on the issues, and what he has to say about them. Trump keeps the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) focused on him and his personality, more so than the issues. They don’t just not like him, they hate him. They make it personal with him. They’ll attack DeSantis on the issues, but they attack Trump for personal reasons.

It doesn’t matter that they attack DeSantis on the issues, because when they do, it keeps those issues before the voters, those issues resonate with them, and those voters largely distrust the media enough that they’ll give DeSantis a fair hearing.

Many of those voters won’t give Trump the same benefit of the doubt, because they’re tired of the drama. It’s a distraction from what’s really important. When the messenger can no longer effectively communicate the message, it’s time to switch messengers. DeSantis is an effective messenger. Trump is not.

I feel like I got suckered after voting for him the 1st time around. That won’t happen again.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

President Trump is his own enemy.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:13 am President Trump is his own enemy.
:iagree:

Trump did some good things but I am also tired of his drama, and picking on Desantis was the last straw for me.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

“Ballots” continued to appear in Arizona until Kelly won the Senate race. Achieving a “R” majority in either Senate or House appears unlikely.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ruark »

flowrie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:01 am

Trump did some good things but I am also tired of his drama, and picking on Desantis was the last straw for me.
Same here. Trump's a good guy, I'd go fishing with him. Voted for him twice. But he has no business running for president. It's like the janitor (who may be a good guy) applying for a job as CEO. Good grief, the guy doesn't even read; he's semi-literate. Somebody pointed this out when he was campaigning in 2020, and he disagreed and said he was a heavy reader. As an example, he said he read "Catcher in the Rye" back when he was in college (major eye roll). "Great book, great book, tremendous book, very good book, great book, blahblahblah."

It's conceivable that he's at least partially responsible for the "red ripple" due to him making so much noise and distraction, as he so craves the limelight like a moth to a flame. And now he's attacking DeSantis, which is unbelievably STUPID. DeSantis graduated from Yale at the top of his class, and got his Ph.D. in Law from Harvard, among other things. Intellectually, he could chew up Trump and spit him out in little pieces. He's the real deal.

I'm sure if DeSantis tries to run in 2024 and wins the Primary, Trump will have a flaming FIT and come up with every accusation in the book, up to and including claiming that DeSantis is a space alien from Mars and eats boiled puppies for breakfast.

For Trump to prowl around the sidelines and criticize DeSantis is so idiotic, it's almost comical; Trump couldn't carry DeSantis's water. Now we're looking at the very real possibility that he not only ruined this election, but may knock the next one off the rails as well.

Heaven help us.
-Ruark

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Ruark wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:56 am
flowrie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:01 am

Same here. Trump's a good guy, I'd go fishing with him. Voted for him twice. But he has no business running for president. It's like the janitor (who may be a good guy) applying for a job as CEO. Good grief, the guy doesn't even read; he's semi-literate. Somebody pointed this out when he was campaigning in 2020, and he disagreed and said he was a heavy reader. As an example, he said he read "Catcher in the Rye" back when he was in college (major eye roll). "Great book, great book, tremendous book, very good book, great book, blahblahblah."

It's conceivable that he's at least partially responsible for the "red ripple" due to him making so much noise and distraction, as he so craves the limelight like a moth to a flame. And now he's attacking DeSantis, which is unbelievably STUPID. DeSantis graduated from Yale at the top of his class, and got his Ph.D. in Law from Harvard, among other things. Intellectually, he could chew up Trump and spit him out in little pieces. He's the real deal.

I'm sure if DeSantis tries to run in 2024 and wins the Primary, Trump will have a flaming FIT and come up with every accusation in the book, up to and including claiming that DeSantis is a space alien from Mars and eats boiled puppies for breakfast.

For Trump to prowl around the sidelines and criticize DeSantis is so idiotic, it's almost comical; Trump couldn't carry DeSantis's water. Now we're looking at the very real possibility that he not only ruined this election, but may knock the next one off the rails as well.

Heaven help us.
Mars and boiled puppies, that's funny!!
Well maybe not so much the puppy part. I love dogs, especially puppies.
I agree, Trump is in the process of ruining 2024 if he doesn't stop his mouth.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

mayor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:47 pm Big Picture, 2022 Midterm Elections Highlight the Distinct Difference Between Ballots and Votes
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... and-votes/
As the political discussion centers on the 2022 wins and losses from the midterm election, one thing that stands out in similarity to the 2020 general election is the difference between ballots and votes. It appears in some states this is the ‘new normal.’

Where votes were the focus, the Biden administration suffered losses. Where ballots were the focus, the Biden administration won.
So, dims are not really cheating. They collect ballots within the framework of the law. Repubs need to do the same thing, until they can gain enough control to revise the laws to one day voting, in person, with ID and develop acceptable provisions for those that truly cannot vote in person. Until repubs do this, we don't stand a chance.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

Dems win the Senate with victory in Nevada by 5000 votes.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I'm still struggling to come to terms with what the heck happened last week. The cute moniker "Red Ripple" gained popularity, but it's ending up like the "Red Repose." Reuters News has a live feed with maps (rollover for details) and stats of the election: https://www.reuters.com/graphics/USA-EL ... vkdgzdqpm/. Staggering that in 2022 we need something like that because a whole lot of states simply can't manage to efficiently and accurately count votes.

So far, the dims gained one seat in the Senate, and the Republicans lost one; the outstanding races, like Georgia, are still important, but with Kamala still there doing whatever it is that she does, the Senate remains in the dims' control (please, SCOTUS, nobody die or retire). The dims gained one state governor; the Republicans lost one. The House is at 204 dims, 211 Republicans. The Republicans flipped 16 seats so far, but the dims flipped 5. Mathematically, even the House isn't a done deal yet.

If the dims somehow get 14 more House seats, I'll have to go back and re-read Revelation because I'm certain that would be one of the signs of the Apocalypse that I've forgotten. The Four Horsemen--Biden, Harris, Schumer, and Pelosi--would stay right where they are for another two years, and all we need to do to pretend we can tell the future is to take the damage the Biden administration has done to the country in the first half of his term and multiply it by two. If we don't take the House to be able to apply some measure of check-and-balance, it's going to be apocryphal...and then even if 2024 is successful the road back to prosperity and sanity will be a long one.

BTW, after literally and blatantly buying the youth vote with the unconstitutional student loan bailout, any bets that they don't fight the recent court decisions all that hard? They can do some shadow boxing, say they tried, and let it go away and not pile-on that huge amount onto an already huge deficit.

I know my grandfather wouldn't recognize what's happened to the relationship of geography and votes with the massive urbanization of the country. In 1950, 64% of the population--and the votes--lived in the concentrated urban population centers. Today, that number is 83%...and is expected to increase close to 90% by 2050. I found this data informatics map on Twitter that gives a good visual of where the votes come from:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:45 pm Dems win the Senate with victory in Nevada by 5000 votes.
It Really Doesn't take long to print 5000 Votes!

What's the Penalty for Subversion?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

i voted for trump 2x. only because the other weevils were a worse option

but his biggest weakness is his mouth and bad hiring
if he had just SHUT the ,...up he could have moved mountains , but everything for him is personal.. he did get some great things done, but his lips are wore out from blowing that horn.

for him to attack desantis is pure childish and does nothing but further divide the party. He should have congratulated and tossed support to desantis right then.

thinned skin is an understatement
if he announces he is running, he wont get past the primary and will provide cannon fodder

de santis hopefully takes the spear and leads. he tends to surround himself with smart people and yet does not get cocky

i have a good friend from new york area and he is just like trump when things go not in his favor. he protects his friends to the death, but craps all over those that are not..
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”